Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Changing attack to throw animation

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
First off, this has more than likely been asked, but after a searching and not finding anything, I decided to make a quick post and ask. =)
OK so, we all know a lot of weapons have two animations. One for regular attacks, and one for when Shadow/Gogo throws them. I am editing in FF3usME, and in the item editor I go to weapon animations, tick both boxes "throw wpn.", but it doesn't work.

Does anyone know of a way to get the throwing animation?
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 23
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I think the checkbox in FF3usME only makes it so that you can select the item in the throw menu. It doesn't set the animation. The animation data for thrown items is listed in the ROM map on the wiki:

Code:
D10040-D10140 Item Jump and Throw Animation Data (257 items, 1 byte each, see C1/B9C5 and C1/B9F7)

I forget if FF3usME is able to edit this data but here's a little table I made to explain the format in case you want to edit the hex manually. Note that there are 257 bytes, not 256. The first byte is for unarmed (or possibly unused) and then there's one byte for each item. So for example, if you want to edit Mithril Knife (item 1) it's actually at D1/0042.

Code:
; Item Jump and Throw Animation Data ($D10040)
; --------------------------------------------
; djjjtttt
; d: use normal "Fight" animation when thrown (ignore "t" value)
; j: jump animation
;    0 = unarmed
;    1 = thick knife
;    2 = thin knife
;    3 = sword
;    4 = katana
;    5 = rod
;    6 = spear
;    7 = hawk eye/sniper
; t: throw animation
;    0 = thick knife
;    1 = thin knife
;    2 = sword
;    3 = katana
;    4 = rod
;    5 = spear
;    6 = hawk eye/sniper
;    7 = life 2 (unused)
;    8 = fire skean
;    9 = water edge
;    10 = bolt edge
;    11 = inviz edge
;    12 = shadow edge
;    13 = full moon/morning star/rising sun
;    14 = boomerang
;    15 = no animation
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
life 2 as unused animation? you mean that(if you use it) what it does is literally doing life 2 animation?

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
Hey sorry for the late response.
Thanks for the replies, but there are many throw check boxes. 1st one you are correct as it will show up in the throw skill list. That's located in the item main menu, under Reg. Items tab.

There are two more boxes, and they are both located also in the item main menu, but under the Weapon Anim. tab. With those two boxes are also "boomerang" and "Atma wpn..." check boxes.

Was hoping someone knew a combination of check boxes or a specific set of R.hand/L.hand/Attack to make a thrown weapon animation.
  Find

Status
None
(04-30-2018, 10:27 PM)Yoshivoodoo Wrote: Was hoping someone knew a combination of check boxes or a specific set of R.hand/L.hand/Attack to make a thrown weapon animation.

Are you trying to get a throw animation when you have an item equipped and use the fight command? Maybe try setting one of those to 141 through 149 (0x8D through 0x95). I've never tried that but it might work.

For the Life 2 animation, I think that's just left over from development. IIRC it plays the animation but with an incorrect palette. Not particularly useful.
  Find

Status
None
EVERYTHING!!!!  EHR MER GHERD!!!!!!

Thank You so much!!!!! <3

That is precisely what i was looking for. I knew there was an option somewhere....... I just didn't go high enough with the attack animatinos i guess. literally stopped looking about four animations short of what was needed XD
  Find

Status
None
Great! Glad I could help. There are 650 different animation scripts, but unfortunately I don't think anyone has made a nice list of what they all are. I made a list of about a quarter of them and the throwing animations just happened to be in there.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Everything for this post:
  • Yoshivoodoo (05-02-2018)