Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
15th Man Concept Preliminary Voting.

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
This is our topic for the first round of voting. I will be keeping it open until Friday. In this thread you will vote for your favorite character concept submissions by bolding two concept titles. Feel free to discuss what you like about the ideas if you wish, but there will be no discouraging of others ideas. Everyone has their say.

Every member, new or old, is encouraged to read the suggestions and vote. You don't have to have made a submission in order to vote. I want to see as many people voting as possible so that we can truly make a character that represents the ff6hacking.com community.

So without further adieu, here are the submissions you can choose from:

The Outspoken Philosopher, current votes: 3 (Click to View)

The Knight and the Beast, current votes: 1 (Click to View)

The Blundering Hero, current votes: 3 (Click to View)

The Implacable Experiment, current votes: 7 (Click to View)

The traveler, current votes: 2 (Click to View)

The top 3 concepts will go to the final poll which will be the final deciding factor as to what our 15th man's concept will be.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
In no particular order:

1) The Outspoken Philosopher
2) The Implacable Experiment
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Also in no order at all:

The Knight and the Beast
The Traveller

I'm interested in how this is going to turn out.

As much as this isn't a contest, it's still pretty cool to know that somebody voted for my idea Smile.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Obliviscence
This is a tough choice for me... I think I'm going to have to talk it out.

In chronological order:

The Outspoken Philosopher
I like that this character has something new, by way of worldview, to offer the group, something this submission has in common with The Blundering Hero. I think this is another instance where we can spice up the dialog with a unique way of speaking (like Cyan's old english, and gau's caveman babble), which I think adds a level of character to the whole experience of the game.

The Knight and the Beast
As much as I really like the concept here, I'm worried the character's themes are too close to Terra's. The inner beast; being scared of what's inside you steps on the toes of Terra's main conflict in the WoB. Also, I see there being some challenges in getting two additional sprite sheets in without dramatically changing the game (in the event my attempts at expanding the sprite count fails). I think one of the really strong suits of this concept is in the idea of HOW the knight got the way he is, but a similar idea is done, with less restriction, in The Implacable Experiment. One really nice thing about this one is I think it could produce some really interesting abilities, which appeals to my ASM addiction.

The Blundering Hero
Is almost identical to The Outspoken Philosopher in terms of what this character brings to the game, I think these two are vying for my second vote. I like the more comical twist to this character, there aren't enough bright characters in the cast (IMO). Growing up in the SNES age where JRPG's took the lime-light, I developed quite a hero-complex myself and could really identify with this character more than a lot of others.

The Implacable Experiment
I really really like this idea, I love the idea of expanding on the history of magitek and the trial runs of infusement in the early days. This character lets us really explore more of the empire, which is a plotline that is sadly lacking in the original game. If we are truly supposed to believe the empire itself is wrong (not just crazy old kefka), we need to see some more of Gesthal's woman-bashing and esper greed. I think there is a good clear direction for this idea without being too restrictive as to the when/how/why of the character's specifics.

The traveler
Mix this idea with the Blundering Hero and you get Rurouni Kenshin (even though Kenshin was purposefully clumbsy). This idea also allows us to open up the plot a bit on the empire, but not necessarily. If this character wasn't just a little too close to Cyan 10 years later, I would be really tempted here.

I think, in the end, I'm going to go for

The Implacable Experiment
The Blundering Hero

Edit: One more note... Lockirby... I just got your username. Lol.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
1) The Blundering Hero
2) The Implacable Experiment

"The Mind that lies fallow but a single Day, sprouts up in Follies that are only to be killed by a constant and assiduous Culture."
- Joseph Addison, "The Spectator"  Confused
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Blundering Hero... he reminds me of Will Smith in that movie where he was a Super Hero but was like anti-hero and always drunk, but in the end came around to be on the side of good.
The Implacable Experiment For the second.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Obliviscence
You get another vote, Nattak, if you want one. I'm just that nice a guy.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
I vote for the Outspoken Philosopher. While the Implacable experiment sounds like an interesting option, it may be a similar story to the one for terra or kefka.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I'll throw my vote in here too. I'm a fan of The Traveller and The Implacable Experiment.
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
Preliminary voting ends first thing Monday morning, so get your votes in now!

In the event of a 3rd place tie, I will open a one day poll for the submissions vying for 3rd place. The winner moves on to the final voting poll.
  Find