Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Character History Preliminary Voting

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Sorry for the delay on getting the new thread up; however, this thread will still only be open until next Monday. You all know the rules: bold your top two favorite ideas. The three submissions with the most votes will move on to the final voting.

First, our concept: (Click to View)

Here are our options for the 15th Man's (or woman, it sounds like) history:

"Miranda Captured" by Lockirby2, Current Votes: 3 (Click to View)

"The Desertion" by Tin Man, Current Votes: 2 (Click to View)

"Iron Thamasan" by daemoth, Current Votes: 0 (Click to View)

"The Betrayed young citizen" by Madsiur, Current Votes: 3 (Click to View)

submission by Astaroth, Current Votes: 0 (Click to View)

One last note: can I get those with submissions to nail down the open-ended details left in their submissions? Just go ahead and post them here and I will update the submission. None of the details were particularly earth-shattering in terms of the idea itself, so I would prefer to not have to have more discussion later about the details. So anyone with unspecified genders/hometowns, please make a final selection.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
My character's father is from South Figaro and she was later raised in Vector. No more disambiguity about this.
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
My two votes go to Miranda Captured and The Desertion.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
My two votes are for:

The Betrayed Young Citizen
Miranda Captured

I liked "The Betrayed Young Citizen" because I just felt an extra level of "ouch" from reading Madsiur's passage up there. It just seems to go one step beyond in showing the cruelty of the empire.

As much as I feel just a little uncomfortable voting for my own (because I'm not sure if this is just bias or not), I decided to anyways. I just feel it expands on plot elements that were there already, but not really elaborated upon, rather than creating new ones out of nowhere, making it "fit in" better with the FF6-verse. It also isn't entirely incompatible with "The Desertion," meaning that, if it is chosen, elements from that idea can be included as well (such as Cid's defection being partially related to this new character).

All the other ideas are great as well. I was definitely considering voting for Astaroth, as that idea looks really cool, but I'm just a little worried that the character might end up as a Mary Sue.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 76
Thanks Received: 9
Thanks Given: 13
Status
None
My first vote go to Miranda Captured because that's my favorite submission and I would love to see more about my favorite character Celes.
My second vote go to The Betrayed young citizen because its good and has much potential!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
These are all really good! For once I wish I could vote for all of something. But since this is taking me too much time to decide, I'm going with:

The Desertion & The Betrayed young citizen

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.