Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Proposal: The 15th Man Project

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
So I know a lot of site projects have fallen through, I have been thinking that the scope may have been too large, and the skillsets required to participate too narrow. So I have come up with an idea for The FF6hacking.com 15th Man Community Project.

The idea is simple. Lets design from scratch a new PC for FFVI and patch them in to the game. There are about 100 different ways to do this, and we can decide what approach to take in the implementation. The real focus of the project is community involvement. The planning process will allow everyone to participate and have a hand in the decision making process. This will be accomplished in two major ways:
  • Polls: Every aspect of this character, from their base concept all the way up to spriting and abilities will be voted on by the community. Everyone has a say.

• Submissions: In order to get to polling, we need YOUR ideas. I will guide the community through the process of creating a character with a series of threads where you will get to submit your ideas to the community. Submissions may include: initial design goals, background, dialog, concept art, sprites, theme music, abilities, practical data, ASM code, pretty much everything! Nothing is off limits.

This thread is not for early submissions, just to talk about the possibility of taking on the project. Is this something the community is interested in doing? The good thing is that we can move forward with this with only a handful of people and hope to draw in more during the polling process. But I would like to hear what you all think. If not the 15th man, what about another medium-scoped project... new town? new side-quest? I want to hear what you think!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
My June month will be pretty full. I have an internship and an evening class 4 days a week plus I'm working at home for a school contract. However I'm interested in taking part in this project and putting some time in it as long as it is done in a professional way, meaning that the character must blend very well with the original game. This is a variable scale project, we can do a bit or a lot depending of the involvement of everyone, so it's good in a way...

And adding a new characters is good since it could require multiple aspects of hacking such as spriting, dialogues, events and ASM.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I could throw my hat into the ring on this one, time permitting. I have a decently broad set of skills so I could assist in a variety of ways. If we can coordinate and get enough people involved we can probably find a way to add in another character.
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
One of the best things about this its that it doesn't require a ton of time from anybody. The polls and discussions will take up most of the project, especially in the early stages, and nothing will be rushed so you are unlikely to miss out if you want to participate.

I will be getting a general outline of the process with rules and procedures up early next week. Hopefully we can start some discussion for the actual character as early as late next week...
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I'm certainly interested in contributing. I'll throw in whatever in terms of polls and discussions. I'm getting pretty stuffed up schedule-wise though, so a major contribution from me won't be happening anytime soon unfortunately.

Confused Moogles FTW