Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
(request) Get Leo Back Side-Quest

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
I'm sure this request will go unanswered but, here's the thing. I would like to have a side quest(getting rid of Strago's quest for Hiddon[en?], the Zone eater rooms for Gogo, and Getting Umaro) that would allow a player to recover Leo. A side quest being mentioned by someone or something, and having to get an item through a dungeon or something, fighting an incredibly hard boss, then going to Leo's Grave and bringing him back to life.

Is this impossible? If it's not, I'm requesting with ALL my heart some serious help with the coding and such. I know I can do the rooms and such on my own, but I would need help with the coding of getting him, placing the text boxes where needed, etc. I hope this gets a lot of attention, but I won't hold my breathe. Ty for ANY and ALL help!

Roy
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(09-20-2012, 12:54 AM)Royaken Vendeta Wrote: Is this impossible? If it's not, I'm requesting with ALL my heart some serious help with the coding and such. I know I can do the rooms and such on my own, but I would need help with the coding of getting him, placing the text boxes where needed, etc. I hope this gets a lot of attention, but I won't hold my breathe. Ty for ANY and ALL help!

It is relatively easy to do that. You just need to learn how to make events. There is a really good event command list, event bits list and event dump to help you understand how it works. Try some things on your own and I'll be happy to answer any specific event question.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(09-20-2012, 12:54 AM)Royaken Vendeta Wrote: I'm requesting with ALL my heart some serious help with the coding and such.

See Recruiting Banon and Leo in the WOR. The easiest part is doing this through events. The real fun comes when you need to use ASM to fix the countless bugs generated by him being in the party. You know, like adding him to the ending credits.