Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Inspiration from a Dream: Kefka's Quest

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Greetings, all! (AND FFVI SPOILERS BELOW!)

Last week, I had a dream where Kefka was the main character. Monsters accompanied him. One of his companions was an imp (the monster sprite, not the character sprite) and ghosts (like from the Phantom Train) seemed to be with him as well. I also recall General Celes being there.

I was playing in an area similar to Kefka's Tower. (Perhaps it was a shadowy version of Thamasa when It was quite dark, and I remember Kefka casting a spell, but I don't recall what. I went to the menu and found my 4 party members, but it seemed like a fifth was trying to get in. (I saw the picture for the fifth party member in the space beneath the fourth, but only the tip of it was visible. Maybe it was Terra.)

I recall thinking to myself, "It's not much different from Kefka's perspective," but I don't know if that was because I just jumped into that area, or because the game overall was like that.

Overall, I find this an interesting perspective. It may be an entire alternate history game, or just seeing things from Kefka's perspective with minor modifications, to allow a party, and to account for being the protagonists instead of just following the villainous Kefka and co around.

Whatchya'll think? Anyone serious about making this? (I know nothing of hacking FFVI aside from it being possible.)
  Find

Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
I think it has potential on multiple fronts. I think my favorite would be a Cthulhu Saves the World-style story, a game in which Cthulhu journeys to save the world so he can be the one to destroy it.

Alternatively, what you described sounds a bit like chapter six from Suikoden III, where you see the game through the eyes of the antagonists. I like this idea too, though I think it would be pretty short depending on how much of Kefka's history the game would explore.

GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.

Brave New World
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-15-2013, 11:48 PM)Endarire Wrote: Anyone serious about making this?

Angelo. His biggest hacking dream is to do a hack having Kefka as the main character.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
I have had dreams about this since forever. I've been called anything from crazy to stalker, but it is them -the people- that do not see the beauty of playing FF6 and seeing things through kefka's eyes.

What would happen in kefka raided south figaro and torched every house out there? How would the events in narshe have turned out if kefka won the battle against the returners and captured tritoch? What if kefka managed to somehow find the returner's lair and pursue terra/edgar/sabin/banon around the lete river? Those are some ideas I have had in the past, and I think would be great to experiment as the player. However, my numerous attempts at creating some scenarios in which some of the game's events could be seen through kefka's perspective have ended in failure, mainly due to the fact that my computer gets broken beyond repair every time. So far this has happened three times now.

Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Ensure you back up your work frequently! Even emailing stuff to yourself works!

Also, what about the Alternate History FFVI hack that's in development? Maybe work with the author there (assuming you aren't working on this already) and incorporate more of Kefka. (See here for details on this hack.)
  Find