Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
map event trigger

Status
None
in the magitek factory (after the minecart) the screen begins to shake and part of the factory is destroyed. how do i access the event trigger because level editor does not seem to have the event trigger for the destruction of the factory?

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-24-2012, 10:06 AM)kefkapapala Wrote: in the magitek factory (after the minecart) the screen begins to shake and part of the factory is destroyed. how do i access the event trigger because level editor does not seem to have the event trigger for the destruction of the factory?

Do you mean when you crash with the cart? If so, the event trigger is when you talk to Cid before jumping in the cart. The whole ride and what comes right after is in the same event. Use the event dump because on the Vector map, the event offset related to the cart NPCs is not accurate and it's not what you should look for.

If you're talking about what happens after the Cranes battle, well there should be a tile that trigger the apparition of Setzer before the fight. I don't have FF6LE at work (that would be pushing too much) but there must be a tile. I don't remember the factory being destroyed after the cranes battle though... I have a bad memory...
  Find

Status
None
after crashing the cart, you can re-enter the factory from the dave point, but the first room is shaking and you have a limited access because one of the pipesis missing to climb down the ladder to the conveyor.

Status
None
also if i leave the magitek factory and remove the event that triggers to returning to vector where you meet setzer, the map shakes outside of the magitek factory. [/quote]

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
You messed up something along the way I guess, but what are you trying to do anyway? Fix something that is now messed up, or make it so you can enter the Factory all over again or what? I'm confused.

Check and compare the entrance event address and the event squares in the Level Editor to a clean ROM, and make sure that they are in the same order and same addresses. And if you made any changes in the hex check there also. But again, what are you trying to do??

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
the rom is not messed up, at least not in the vector/magitek area. when you enter the magitek factory after crashing the minecart, part of the factory is destroyed and the room shakes like it does when rescuing the child in tzen. when i oepned ff6 le, i remove the event and all it prevents is returning to vector where you meet setzer and instead sends you back to vector when you first entered. where can i find the event data that triggers it?

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
I still have no idea of what you're trying to do...

- Why did you remove the event in LE?

- Are you trying to make it so you can explore the entire Factory again?

- Are you trying to make it so the room does not shake?

You can find the event data that triggers it in the event dump...
Look at the entrance event address in LE, and search for it in the dump.
Look for a: $58 (Shake screen command.) with an intensity of more than 0.

To turn the shaking off, you would want to FD that out, or input another:
58 Shake screen ($FC), but with an intensity of 0, to turn it off.

Again, please elaborate more about what you are trying to do EXACTLY.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
i am trying to make it that i can explore the entire factory again and remove the shaking intensity of the screen because when i exit the factory while the event is moved to another location, vector starts shaking.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(08-15-2012, 10:12 AM)kefkapapala Wrote: i am trying to make it that i can explore the entire factory again and remove the shaking intensity of the screen because when i exit the factory while the event is moved to another location, vector starts shaking.

From general knowledge, you shaking effect is in the entrance event of the map. Now I won't open LE but if there is suppose to be an entrance somewhere and it's blocked, it might be just a tile switching via the entrance event again (command 73 or 74). Remove those 2 commands and you'll be able to roam the factory again without any shaking.
  Find

Status
None
what are commands 73 and 74? where do i find them?