Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pixel art landscape, Terra & Celes included

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hello.. It's been a while since I've been here, but I'm working on something FFVI related.
I'd like to make my own versions of the following common enemies:
[Image: PhaMB.png], [Image: mTjFe.png], [Image: ZnfKE.png] & [Image: AImzj.png] I will change the angles and sizes to better fit into this scene:
[Image: eV5XV.png]
I will also be adding the clothes to Terra quite soon so pardon that (or enjoy the temporary nudity). What outfit should I give her; the Amano type one or the game one?
The grass is murder! I still have a bit of work to do on it.. the clouds too, but I enjoy making the clouds more.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
thats an immense picture.. cant imagine how long it must have taken

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Status
None
Yeah.. it's taking too long :/ and it's tiny really; curse pixel art! jk.. I will finish it though
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
look forward to it

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
niiice

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
I actually would like to do something similar to that where Cecil is holding his Sword to the light and his dark knight form is ghosted in and I'd like to use that as a replacement for the FFVI Intro sequence. What you have there would make a killer title screen for a hack.
  Find

Status
None
(05-01-2012, 07:34 AM)CrumpledMedal Wrote: Cecil is holding his Sword to the light and his dark knight form is ghosted in
Now that is a great idea for a pixel art piece right there.
Also, I think it's close to the size of the SNES screen.. just a little bigger, so it could certainly be used as a title screen Smile
I got a small update (worked on the grass and added some flowers).. but I'll post more later since I plan to work on it a good amount today.

Find

Status
Runic
(05-01-2012, 06:49 PM)Lijj Wrote:
(05-01-2012, 07:34 AM)CrumpledMedal Wrote: Cecil is holding his Sword to the light and his dark knight form is ghosted in
Now that is a great idea for a pixel art piece right there.
Also, I think it's close to the size of the SNES screen.. just a little bigger, so it could certainly be used as a title screen Smile
I got a small update (worked on the grass and added some flowers).. but I'll post more later since I plan to work on it a good amount today.

Yeah thanks a bunch, a couple ideas on your 'scape there use the outfit Tara wears in FF6 as her clothing, since Celes looks similar to the way she does in FF6, although Celes could use a cape, since she wears one in-game, I always liked her sprite better than Tara's, IMO.

Find

Status
None
here's an almost finished background.. still gonna work on the grass slowly.
[Image: eYIS8.png]
You think she should wear the sprite costume Crumpled Metal? I am nervous to continue.. what I was planning was to TRY using the 32 colors listed so far and make her clothes out of the existing two reds and the darker brownish reds along with the yellows and green to make a floral print maybe. So I might have to go with the one with the gown and sash(or whatever it is). But that might not work with the colors and I do like the idea of making it based more on the sprite; since looking on Deviant Art, I saw only 1 or two drawings of her in that costume out of many.
  Find

Status
Runic
(05-02-2012, 04:35 AM)Lijj Wrote: here's an almost finished background.. still gonna work on the grass slowly.
[Image: eYIS8.png]
You think she should wear the sprite costume Crumpled Metal? I am nervous to continue.. what I was planning was to TRY using the 32 colors listed so far and make her clothes out of the existing two reds and the darker brownish reds along with the yellows and green to make a floral print maybe. So I might have to go with the one with the gown and sash(or whatever it is). But that might not work with the colors and I do like the idea of making it based more on the sprite; since looking on Deviant Art, I saw only 1 or two drawings of her in that costume out of many.

Yes, I am just passing it along. I think you have the right idea so far and I will be excited to see it when it's done.

Find