Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pixel art landscape, Terra & Celes included

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
It's really freakin' amazing. I don't want to be a dissenting voice, but I -do- want to give you some constructive criticism so that you might be able to improve this awesome piece.

I think the overall work is good, but the new position for Terra is just off. The way her head looks, it seems as if she's looking over her shoulder. This was fine when you had them both spread out, almost like Terra was glancing at the camera/audience/someone behind her. But with the new position, she looks like she's almost sort-of looking at the monsters, only the monsters are in the wrong place, particularly with Celes there, clearly facing them.

I think you might be able to fix it by moving some of the monsters up, and Terra down. Or... alternately, move Terra up some so that she -is- looking at the monsters.

Great piece, though. I really adore the details on the background and the shading on the girls' clothes. Hmm... you might even want to consider muting some of Terra's coloring, since she looks a little too bright for the rest of the yellow-brown colors you're using.