Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Menu Changes

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
that I can't do. My internet is limited and I can't upload photo's... but I don't have anything accept FF FF FF FF and so on bcuz I'm not understanding what I'm doing. Am I using one line? or more then?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-18-2012, 11:59 PM)Roy-boy Wrote: Sorry man... I didn't mean to annoy you so much... things not goin so well so my mind isn't exactly focused... Thanx so much for yer patiance...

Maybe you should take a break and tomorrow check how the different words are structured in C3. I don't understand why exactly you want to fit everything on one line either. I will summarize one last time. When you play the game there is 3 instance of the word "GP" plus the "You need more GP" sentence, for a total of 4.

Each one of them has a different x, y coordinate which is the first 2 bytes of each word (or sentence). You must finish each word/sentence by a 00. You must write 4 different instance of the word/sentence you want to change with 4 different coordinates that are exactly the same as the original coordinates.

You write the word anywhere you want where there is free space. You note the offset of each word/sentence (the address where it begin). Then you change the value of the appropriate LDA (I posted 4) to the new offset. I don't think I can be clearer than this.

Edit: If you still have problem maybe you should study how the offset system works in a ROM before attempting things like that. Just the fact that you're asking yourself if everything must fit on one line demonstrate that you may lack some basic concepts like an offset or a pointer but everything can be learned. We are not there to serve you the answer on a silverplate everytime you need to modify something, and even if we do so, you should not take that as granted for the next time you want to modify something. With all the info there is in this thread you have more than enough tools to accomplish what you want.

Find

Status
None
FULL EDIT:
I want it to be known that I feel soooooo incredibly stupid right now... It wasn't working... then I closed Windhex, and now it's working.... Thank you again Madsuir... Thank you for yer patience as well....
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
hmm.. i tried changing the blitz in the menu and all it does is erase the whole word.. what bytes am I not supposed to touch?
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-19-2012, 04:14 AM)badass Wrote: hmm.. i tried changing the blitz in the menu and all it does is erase the whole word.. what bytes am I not supposed to touch?

Well if you didn't moved the word "blitz" all I can see is that you would have ommited the x, y postion at the beginning of the word and therefore you would be out of screen with whatever values you got in bytes 1 and 2. You must also finish your word by 00.

Code:
C3/5C63:    0D 7B 81 A5 A2 AD B3 00      (position of and word "Blitz")

C3/5CB0:    B7 81 81 A5 A2 AD B3 00      (position of and word "Blitz")

Here the x,y position is 0D, 7B for the first instance and B7, 81 for the second one. Keep those values for your new word. If you wrote a longer name elsewhere you need to change the value of the LDY to the new address in the following code:

Code:
C3/4CFE:    8529        STA $29        (set text color)
C3/4D00:    A0635C      LDY #$5C63     (Address at which you find the word "Blitz")
C3/4D03:    20F902      JSR $02F9      (display the word "Blitz")

Code:
C3/55DC:    8529        STA $29        (set text color to blue)
C3/55DE:    A0B05C      LDY #$5CB0     (Address at which you find the word "Blitz")
C3/55E1:    20F902      JSR $02F9      (display the word "Blitz")

(03-19-2012, 12:53 AM)Roy-boy Wrote: FULL EDIT:
I want it to be known that I feel soooooo incredibly stupid right now... It wasn't working... then I closed Windhex, and now it's working.... Thank you again Madsuir... Thank you for yer patience as well....

It's good to know you finally got it. Smile
  Find

Status
None
I'm back sadly... So I thought I had gotten it. But in reality I only edited some of the lines found in the crystals hack to change it to Gil instead of GP/Gold. However there was still an issue. So I went back to Madsiur's PM read it in complete detail and followed accordingly... Here's the result

[Image: 619e00d8.png]

Note that I'm at C3/BDC3 instead of C3/BBC3 as Madsiur stated bcuz I needed to add 200bytes. If I did exactly as directed, even when GIVEN a line, what is the problem? Is it my rom? Thanx again Madisur btw for the PM. Greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Got photobucket working so I can add photos now if I need to. Just an FYI
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(03-19-2012, 10:34 PM)Roy-boy Wrote: Note that I'm at C3/BDC3 instead of C3/BBC3 as Madsiur stated bcuz I needed to add 200bytes.

Have you checked if the ROM has a header or not? If it has one, this is good. You are at the right offset.

(03-19-2012, 10:34 PM)Roy-boy Wrote: If I did exactly as directed, even when GIVEN a line, what is the problem? Is it my rom? Thanx again Madisur btw for the PM. Greatly appreciated.

However, assuming you have a header, your word is actually at C3/FDD0 for the game. So change your A0 D0 FF to A0 D0 FD. The other solution is to move your word at C4/01D0 and keep your A0 D0 FF but the first solution is quicker and there is data in C4. I can't tell when there is a header or not. When I post code I assume there is none. I hope this help you understand what a header does to the data offsets for the next time.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Unless there is some sort of mistake...

If the word is too long, it ends up disappearing like what you have there. You need to move the (x,y) position of the word back a few tiles in order for it to fit.

Status
None
(03-19-2012, 10:51 PM)Madsiur Wrote: However, assuming you have a header, your word is actually at C3/FDD0 for the game. So change your A0 D0 FF to A0 D0 FD. The other solution is to move your word at C4/01D0 and keep your A0 D0 FF but the first solution is quicker and there is data in C4. I can't tell when there is a header or not. When I post code I assume there is none. I hope this help you understand what a header does to the data offsets for the next time.

Well that's rather odd O.O. It worked! Even though I put it in at C3/FFD0 it reads it at C3/FDD0? Why isn't that the case with C3/BDC0 then?
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
Thanks madsiur! that makes a lot more sense... no wonder the bytes were different .. I was honestly stuck wondering how 14bytes made 5 letters... hahahaha
  Find