Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Overworld map all ocean, can't move

Status
None
Sorry if this is in the wrong place or if I've missed some obvious information; I'm just getting into this.

Using FF6LE, I changed the WoB overworld map which included shifting Narshe's position. I changed the exit in every Narshe map I found to reflect the new X,Y of where Narshe is, but whenever I exit with Locke and Terra I just end up in the middle of the Ocean. Additionally, the minimap did not change, but I don't know if that is based on the actual map (I assume its not).

Any help/advice/links would be appreciated. Hmm

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
You're problably at the position 0,0 on the world map, which is the case for an exit which the coordinates are blank I think. I think it has something to do with the choice that is given to you for the exits in Narshe. You can eithr select "Exit to world map" or select a x,y position on a given map. I think if you choose "exit on the world map" you will be where you last entered a place from the world map, unless I'm mistaken, and the second choice is pretty obvious. When you say that the mini-map doesn't change, make sure to save you level (mini-map) first and then save your ROM. You have to make these two steps to make a change effective.

I don't know if what I wrote helped you in any way, and I don't really have time to look in depth in your problem (sorry), but I remember having a similar issue once I think and it wasn't a big problem, just something I wasn't doing right If I remember correctly. If you problem persist, let us know, maybe someone could come up with a better answer than mine.

There are also two tutorial from Zeemis on how to use FF6LE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjEcg9jslGo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vl8jrZbG5U

Edit: Just to let you know there is also a bug that won't let you assign to a world map exit a mini-maps higher than number FF (so any mini-map from 100 and above).

Find

Status
None
Actually, what you said about "Exit to World Map" is what it was. Since I hadn't been on the world map before, it was setting me to 0,0 instead of the exit coordinates. Changed to that and it fixed it. I didn't realize the coordinates were ignored if you had "Exit to World Map" selected instead of a specific map.