Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Title Screen Manipulation Basics

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
Even though I cannot make a custom title screen with all the fancy works using assembly, I can still hack the graphics of it. With the FFVIJ title screen patch applied, I can work with the large gradient Magitek sprite, and a few other things. In the image below, you see a bunch of jumbled up stuff. I'll explain what it is.
I'll start with the obvious "SQUARE" title, above that is the blots of lightning that flash in random areas around the title. Moving on up is the unorganized magitek emblem that FF6J uses, above that is the actual "FINAL FANTASY" logo. Slightly above that is the fire sprite. The game animates the fire by HDMI or whatever it's called. Farther up the decompressed bin that I'm editing and showing via screenshot is the clouds that are flashing and being illuminated by the light of thunder.
[Image: imgshk.png]

[Image: imgshk.png]

Title Screen Graphical Hacking Difficulty: 3.5/5
Difficulties: Hacking the logo of "FINAL FANTASY VI" looks like a very tedious and daunting task. Look at how it's arranged in the above screenshot. Surprised
Simplicity: Decompressing anything rom related is never a simplicity, but I really like how YY-CHR is displaying a lot of the graphics, excluding the logo. This makes it a lot easier to modify them in another graphics editor like GraphicsGale and pasting them into YY-CHR, essentially overwriting existing graphics.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Very cool, looks like fun. So what version of YY-CHR is this? The latest one I'm using here has the correct graphics format, but does not have that crazy pattern you're showing - and it looks a lot different. I noticed I can load an ADF pattern, but I don't have any on me or know what to do to get it to show those graphics properly. Can this whole thing be done with YY-CHR, or does it need to be decompressed first with another program like I'm pretty sure you're saying it does? I'd love a little bit more of a tutorial aspect here, as I'm still plenty confused! =)

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Status
Traitor
This is the official website for YY-CHR.
http://www.geocities.jp/yy_6502/

This is exactly the process I'm going through to get the title screen graphics:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...hp?tid=848
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Status
None
Excellent! I was going to ask about this last week but got distracted, and now I don't have to Laugh

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find