Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Global Site Update

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
I have made quite a few updates to the site, some will come as obvious while others aren't quite so.
First, I've finally upgraded the forums to it's latest version. It was 1.4, it's now 1.6. You may ask why I didn't do this earlier and the simple answer is there wasn't a reason too, the forums worked as is before. My reasoning behind this upgrade was to beef up on security and close potential security holes that spam bots could get around in the previous version.

Second, I've had to install a bunch of new forum plugins to either fix old incompatible 1.4 plugins, or install new security plugins. I've so far installed 3-4 new spam blocking plugins that range from blocking ISP's/IP's/Emails and username blocks to required post approval.
I should note that anyone who is new and doesn't yet have 10 accumulative posts won't see their post or threads. All posts will require approval from a moderator or above. Do not fret, the mods and up regularly check the required-post queue so your post will show up asap if you're new. This is only up to ten posts, after that, your posts and threads will no longer require approval.

Third, I've installed a few new plugins aside from the security ones.
Subforums now show up in a column, new MyCode for videos and more are present. Polls automatically refresh using Ajax instead of how they were before. There are many more plugins installed, most of which replaced existing plugins or are security related.

Fourth, I've downloaded a flash game called "Final Fantasy Flash" and decompiled it. This gem has a lot of potential to be something great, it needs quite a bit of work however to get to that point. To respect the creators rights, I won't distribute this game to the site until he or she responds to my email. I should lastly note that it was made in 2004 and this person may not be active online anymore, or go by that alias. Read this thread for more information on the game, and my plans I have for it and how they will affect this site.

Last and foremost, I've demoted Sutebenu and promoted Gi Nattak in his stead. Sutebenu has been with us for quite awhile now and has been a tremendous amount of help to me with setting up the database, and more. Sutebenu requested that I demote him for personal reasons, none related to users.
Everyone congratulate Gi Nattak!
  Find

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Zeemis for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (07-29-2011)

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
And personally blue is some much more awesome than YELLOW! lol, but seriously, congratz Gi.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
congrats Mike

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 149
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
Thank you guys, and glad to be alongside you now, buddy!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
good 2 have u

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC