Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
More Than 93 Weapons Animations?

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
I've never come across this, but in FF3, you cannot have more than 93 weapons. This includes "0" as one as well.

Let me rephrase this, weapons past 93 can't have custom animations. FF6MDE and FF3usME won't allow you to give any animations to them.
Do you guys have any idea how to add animations to weapons past 93?

I wonder if theres a reason why you can't.... hmm.
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Because weapon animations for things like Jump and Throw are hard-coded to item-number. Because FF6 coding is a mess.

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
The main reason would be that the weapon animation data is immediately followed by the enemy special animations, which are then followed by other data.

Status
Traitor
Do you happen to have a list of what comes directly after 92? (I said 93 because I counted 0 as one)
What if I edited an enemy special with weapon animations?
Would it be very troublesome to find room for more weapon animations and such?
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I don't think there should be any problem with modifying enemy specials to have weapon attack animations, but I haven't tested doing so.
Relocating the weapon animation data shouldn't be too difficult. For a theoretical 256 weapons you'd only need to find 2048 free bytes.
You could also just relocate the enemy specials, which would provide enough space for 128 weapons.
The following is the code that would need to be changed:
Code:
C1/9DA8:    BF E8 E6 EC LDA $ECE6E8,X    (Enemy special graphics and sound)
C1/9DAC:    99 6B 62    STA $626B,Y
C1/9DAF:    E8          INX
C1/9DB0:    C8          INY
C1/9DB1:    C0 08 00    CPY #$0008
C1/9DB4:    D0 F2       BNE $9DA8
C1/9DB6:    80 0E       BRA $9DC6
C1/9DB8:    BF 00 E4 EC LDA $ECE400,X    (Weapon graphics and sound)
C1/9DBC:    99 6B 62    STA $626B,Y
C1/9DBF:    E8          INX
C1/9DC0:    C8          INY
C1/9DC1:    C0 08 00    CPY #$0008
C1/9DC4:    D0 F2       BNE $9DB8

Status
Traitor
Here's the patch that I and Angelo created. It moves all enemy specials from 2CE8E8-2CE9F8 to the free area: 2FFDC8.
In essence, this not only allows for more weapon animations, but also allows more enemy special animations.
http://www.FF6Hacking.com/WonderPatch.ips
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
we need to make sure it doesn't conflict with anything

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Cool patch. This shouldn't conflict with anything, it's just moving data to free space.Tongue Unless of course someone is using that free space already for something.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 88
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
yeah thats what I meant

there are a few patches out there that moves some things around, if other things are moved there we wouldnt want any conflicts u know :p

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Traitor
I guess the person who's applying this patch should check to see if they have data at 2FFDC8 before applying it then.
If so, he'll need to either move his data or completely re-do this patch. That's the only way to counter any sort of conflicting patch like this.

I simply moved the Enemy Specials to 2FFDC8 as I said, and changed the LDA assembly to forward to 2FFDC8 instead of 2CE8E8, thanks to Drakkhen for the assembly he pasted.

What's cool about this patch is that you can use FF6MDE to change the "Enemy Specials" section. By altering their bytes, you're actually adding, or modifying the new weapon. So this patch works perfectly for editors that can edit enemy specials. Smile
  Find