Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Enlight
(06-26-2021, 04:16 PM)SuziStriker Wrote: Any chance of this (or any of the separated mods) being made compatible with Divergent Paths?

Hi SuziStriker,

A lot of the QoL patches may be compatible as they are. Have you tried any?

My understanding is that the Divergent Paths keeps to its own essentials as much as possible, so that reduces the risk of patching conflicts with these.

I would encourage trying the following yourself as you like:
As for text stuff --
If revamped spell/ability names is your focus, perhaps try the regular Restored Ability Names patch.
It would get you about 90+% of what ROSE has in that area, assuming no conflicts.
But it is also bigger than the QoL patches above, so the risk is higher.

One way to test (besides using a conflict checker) would be to apply whatever additional patches you want first, followed by Divergent Paths, and then check that the added features work as expected.

Hope that helps!
I do want to make those patches as widely compatible as possible. I should eventually get around to checking them out with Divergent Paths myself, but in the meantime, feel free to report any of your own findings.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition - by SilentEnigma - 07-09-2021, 02:21 AM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition - by REDTITAN - 10-12-2021, 02:26 PM