Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Enlight
The hack has been updated to version 1.06.  Frog
Hoping it won't need a chaser this time.
  • Another batch of field dialog refinements, #800 - #1099 focus.
  • Fixed technical errors with #833, #987, #1166, #2843.
  • Updated to C. V. Bug-Fix Compilation version 1.23 (updates Description Disruption to v1.2 -- no real impact on ROSE).
  • Updated Cancel Button Dash to v1.1.
  • Resolved patching conflict with Lenophis' "Holy Randomness Batman!"
  • Added Assassin's "Alphabetical Rage" patch, adapted for the ROSE rage names. I'm sold!
  • Fixed an occasionally game-crashing bug in the Anti-Fix tweak patch.
Also added new nonstandard patches for the following:
  • Display class names on the field main menu, not just the status menu.
  • Restore the original internal ROM name & set ROM version to 1.0 (Enables editing in FF3usME).
  • Restore bug-fix event data that get wiped out by FF3usME. (Apply after saving in FF3usME.)

(03-29-2021, 11:24 AM)Dev J Wrote: I notice Hatzen's Rage & Sketch Expansion doesn't seem to work on this. Save game loads fine, but as soon as a battle starts, there's no time to even enter a battle command before it blacks out. That's with just this patch & the Rage patch on the rom, so it's obviously the Rage patch causing that problem.

I'm not even sure if USME can be used with this overhaul.

It seems to be one of those overhauls where you don't add additional patches or do any editing & just play straight up vanilla. I'm sure it's fun enough on its own, but I do so much USME hacking with rage, sketch, monster/item stats, names, etc that I can't use this patch.

Hi Dev J,

You are correct -- both ROSE and the C. V. bug-fix comp are incompatible with FF3usME without some post-fixing.

ROSE has a lot more ad-hoc tomfoolery going on under the hood with ability names, etc. than Relocalization, so it is difficult to predict if any given customization will be compatible.
I do not know much about Hatzen's hack (yet).

But I can say the project is inching its way towards hacker-accessibility.
The two new "hacking" patches included with  v1.06 should cover most of the FF3usME-related woes -- and may even work with the later Relocalization versions. They are made to be general-purpose.
Might be worth a shot!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition - by SilentEnigma - 05-17-2021, 11:33 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VI: Revised Old Style Edition - by REDTITAN - 10-12-2021, 02:26 PM