Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF4 assets aplenty, was there a hack?

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Moog
(02-01-2020, 07:21 PM)Turbotastic Wrote: I'm more interested in the idea of implementing Twincast (or Twin) in the Final Fantasy VI engine. madsiur came up with a workable idea  based on how this status works in Final Fantasy IV, but I worry that there would need to be a horribly expensive code rewrite of the entire battle engine, given that the battle system itself does not support simultaneous actions. Maybe creating battle events that would be triggered upon the command would be a more suitable solution? That will also lead the way for Bands/combination attacks as was mentioned long ago for which Catone provided some ideas on how to implement.

I have nowhere near enough knowledge to even begin to attempt something like this, but I like to daydream.

I'm not there yet, but I was thinking more along the lines of Rage... on activation, check for the other twin, if present give them both rage status (and explicitly set the monster or randomly pick from a set of monsters that has twin spells) and give the non-acting twin Quick, then queue one action for each of them.  In theory that'd make them attack one after the other.

The other option is to make a new command that has them cast a dummy spell that makes them step forward (getting out of line) one at a time, then have the first one cast another dummy spell that creates a cast circle and does nothing, then have the second cast the actual twin spell, and finally have them both cast a THIRD dummy spell that makes them step back into position.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
FF4 assets aplenty, was there a hack? - by C-Dude - 01-28-2020, 09:17 PM
RE: FF4 assets aplenty, was there a hack? - by C-Dude - 02-01-2020, 09:12 PM