Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The New FFIV

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
It's an idea, but also a last resort if I can't get an actual functional command working for them.
  Find

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 6
Status
None
this is sounding great. any idea when we may get a chance to get our hands on it?
  Find

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Status
Regen
(11-21-2011, 08:58 PM)Zeemis Wrote: It's an idea, but also a last resort if I can't get an actual functional command working for them.

Do you need any of my SPC import skills?

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Status
Traitor
God yes. If you can import any other FFIV music over the existing, I'd be indebted to you for eternity. I'll send you my rom and you can see what I have thus far.
  Find

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Status
Regen
No promises! Laugh

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Status
Traitor
One song I have always absolutely wanted is this in this hack is this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OcUNlrpq6o
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Sorry for necroposting but is this still being worked on Zeemis?
  Find

Status
Traitor
This project isn't dead, but a lot of the stuff I want to do doesn't seem possible at the moment. I want to have certain characters have certain abilities like Twin Cast, but I can't get them to work really so I'm putting it on hold. If you want, I can give you the rom if you want.
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I know the Palom Porum thing was pretty much driving you insane in its difficulty what if you made a temporary compromise? Have a few events in which both Palom and Porum have to be in the party (being able to not be in the party during those times) and one or the other learns one of the Twin Cast spells, so that the extreme spells are split between the two but impossible to obtain without both in the party at a particular time?

Sorry if you have already considered this, just trying to think of a compromise until you can figure out how to do twin cast.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(04-18-2012, 12:14 PM)Zeemis Wrote: I want to have certain characters have certain abilities like Twin Cast, but I can't get them to work really so I'm putting it on hold.

This is a interesting idea. To make this thing work properly, you could create a new reversible and hidden status, with a timer (like some status such has comdemned). Your two characters who have the status make the animation pose. The twin cast could be in fact a single cast and you reset the turn of the other player if everything succeed after the timer reaches 0. If any of the player lose the status (by mute or death), the spell is canceled like any other spell when the character is muted between the selection and the cast.

You could make some spell stronger if the caster has the hidden twin status or make single targetting spell become multi-targetting for a single cast. There could be a way also to make some spell twin exclusives and grey out the spell(s) in the magic or lore menu.

All this is a lot of ASM in perspective but if there is FFIV dissasemblies that exist or documentation about the twin command maybe you could see how it's made in FFIV.
  Find