Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Band Attacks

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
Incoming: Another pipe-dream of Kastguyfilms that won't come to realization, but still a crazy thought.

I've just finished FFIV: The After Years, and a big part of gameplay is Band Attacks; two or more characters combining powers to attack/heal. My mind drifted and I thought about some of the great combos FF6 could have- things like:

*The Returners*: Terra, lights a fire beneath an enemy, while Locke and Edgar bash its face.
*Forever Rachel*: Celes and Locke summon Phoenix, healing the party. Rachel appears in front of Locke and buffs him.
*Tool Assault*: Sabin bum rushes around Edgar's chainsaw attack.
I've got many more written down, but these are just a few.

These would all be learn after certain story events, and multiple others that could be discovered through normal gameplay. Do any of you geniuses (no sarcasm) have any idea how this might be pulled off? I'm imagining that it would involve battle events... or something...

Either way, thanks for reading, hope you enjoy my idea!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-14-2015, 10:09 PM)kastguyfilms Wrote: Incoming: Another pipe-dream of Kastguyfilms that won't come to realization

At least you are aware of the possibility of realization of this idea...

That been said, I have finished TAY without using a single band attack (except in tutorial).
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
i must admit towards end game they aint very rewarding to use

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 11
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
There were a few that could be incredibly useful in TAY, even in the endgame, but they tended to seem simple and fly under the radar despite their usefulness. Most of them were too weak to compensate for using so many turns at the same time.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
None
Yeah, this is mostly just for looks. Doubt these will ever come into play, unless I make story battles end with them... that's a thought. Just have the final bosses of certain parts get rocked with psuedo-special attacks.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Here's a thought.

Replace a skill list (lets say tools for sake of imagination) with a list of your Bands (all of them).
Set up the "skills" to check if X and Y party members are in the battle and grey out the skill if they are not.
Redirect the Def command in battle to open this menu instead of Def.

Would be a tad sloppy, and I'm not sure exactly if you can check if certain members are alive and in battle, but the concept might be possible, maybe, to roughly simulate the effect anyway.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Catone for this post:
  • Jeff (03-15-2015)

Status
None
That's a thought.

Oh!

Another one that would work would be Gogo. If Gogo was given the option to select "Band", he could do a special move with each person- for example, a Double Bum Rush, or Super Mug.

I do like your idea as well, I'll experiment with that when I begin work.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Enemies can check for certain party members being in the battle in their battle scripts, so I suspect it should be possible to check if characters are alive for the menu.

Confused Moogles FTW