Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Patch: Alphabetical Rage Checklist Addendum

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Alphabetical Rage uses a hardcoded list of Monster IDs to achieve alphabetization.  i did it this way because: dynamic recalculation would be a lot slower, it'd take plenty more space to code, and it's overkill for hitting a stationary target (i.e. you can't edit monster names in-game).  if you want a customized data block, provide me with a patch made from a ROM where you edited the monster names.

combining Alphabetical Rage and Rage Checklist with the addendum should maintain my (hardcoded) order of alphabetization.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to assassin for this post:
  • Rodimus Primal (12-26-2021)

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 20
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Enlight
(12-05-2021, 08:09 PM)Rodimus Primal Wrote: Also, would I need to remove Rage Checklist before getting this to work properly?

If you are starting with a ROM that has Rage Checklist applied, and then you add Alphabetical Rage, then I think you will need to re-apply Rage Checklist along with this addendum afterward.

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(12-05-2021, 10:13 PM)assassin Wrote: Alphabetical Rage uses a hardcoded list of Monster IDs to achieve alphabetization.  i did it this way because: dynamic recalculation would be a lot slower, it'd take plenty more space to code, and it's overkill for hitting a stationary target (i.e. you can't edit monster names in-game).  if you want a customized data block, provide me with a patch made from a ROM where you edited the monster names.

combining Alphabetical Rage and Rage Checklist with the addendum should maintain my (hardcoded) order of alphabetization.

Without having applied Alphabetical Rage yet, here's the current version of TWUE that has the Rage Checklist (Un-headered ROM of course).

I'm curious as I'm reading into the implementation of this with the hidden Rages since TWUE has them available (with the exception of Tonberrys aka Pugs).

Attached Files

Experience is the benchmark to maturity.

Final Fantasy VI - Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1386

Final Fantasy IV - Namingway Edition:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2337
  Find

Status
None
http://assassin17.brinkster.net/TWUE/RageTWUE.zip

headerless patches.  (255) is the fully sorted list excluding Pugs=>Tonberries, while (256) includes it, so will require SilentEnigma's Pugs Rage patch to work.

note that i manually expanded+edited the former .IPS to force inclusion of ID 82h.  (because TWUE matches vanilla on that monster being the last alphabetical name, the patch-making program was omitting it, which irked me.)  hopefully, i didn't screw up in this editing.

you want to apply this resorted data addendum after Alphabetical Rage (which is headered, to refresh), and after Pugs Rage when applicable.

based on the text list i included in the archive, you're using some DTE for 14 enemy names.  my sorting program of course doesn't understand that.  for afaik 5 of them, you'll need to manually edit the list of bytes (starting at 2FAD0h unheadered) to achieve the proper order.  "A?ureRider" could be a 6th, depending on the letter(s) intended there.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to assassin for this post:
  • Rodimus Primal (01-02-2022)

Status
None
Thanks assassin. I'm going to test this out soon. Some of the names do use other tiles, but I'll test to see if they display correctly since they do come from the letter text bank.

So, based on everything, I take it I should apply Alphabetical Rage, this resort, re-apply Rage Checklist, then SilentEnigma's fix for it AND the Pugs, then the Description Expansion in that order to get it all working?

Find

Status
None
Quote:you want to apply this resorted data addendum after Alphabetical Rage (which is headered, to refresh), and after Pugs Rage when applicable.

Tongue

regarding DTE: i follow the three cases that convert from a single character to an "it", "ti", or "il" pair well enough.  but what about the one that apparently converts from TWO characters to three characters "igh"?  is each tile responsible for 1.5 letters or some nonsense?

as for "A?ureRider", is that "AllureRider"?

Status
None
(01-02-2022, 08:57 PM)assassin Wrote:
Quote:you want to apply this resorted data addendum after Alphabetical Rage (which is headered, to refresh), and after Pugs Rage when applicable.

Tongue

regarding DTE: i follow the three cases that convert from a single character to an "it", "ti", or "il" pair well enough.  but what about the one that apparently converts from TWO characters to three characters "igh"?  is each tile responsible for 1.5 letters or some nonsense?

as for "A?ureRider", is that "AllureRider"?

That's pretty much it with igh. So yeah, that's AllureRider.

Find

Threads: 47
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
I had apply rage checklist main 1 to get the full list, and I see that Chupon, Siegfried, & Allo Ver name does not show up. These monsters do appear in veldt now. I had previously edit the alphabetical arrangement due to adding in new monsters, and after applying the rage checklist & this addendum, the A-Z orders are still correct.

So, the only mystery are the 3 missing names, and a blank slot between Phase & Pipsqueak?

Oh, the mystery blank slot could be my new monster "Pied Magus" using Allo Ver #187 slot.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Chupon and Siegfried (the non-coliseum ones) are past the Rage list monster ID 254 normal limit, so they wouldn’t normally appear in the rage list…unless I’m misunderstanding.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 47
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
(04-23-2022, 01:05 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Chupon and Siegfried (the non-coliseum ones) are past the Rage list monster ID 254 normal limit, so they wouldn’t normally  appear in the rage list…unless I’m misunderstanding.

Siegfried is 55, while Chupon is 64, so they got rage. There was a patch that fix this and the bosses will appear in veldt now. Hence I don't get why their names does not show up in the list, but came out as blank.
  Find