Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Patch: Alphabetical Rage Checklist Addendum

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
(04-23-2022, 01:49 AM)doofenH Wrote:
(04-23-2022, 01:05 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Chupon and Siegfried (the non-coliseum ones) are past the Rage list monster ID 254 normal limit, so they wouldn’t normally  appear in the rage list…unless I’m misunderstanding.

Siegfried is 55, while Chupon is 64, so they got rage. There was a patch that fix this and the bosses will appear in veldt now. Hence I don't get why their names does not show up in the list, but came out as blank.

No, 55 Siegfried and 64 Chupon are the ones you fight in the Coliseum... So they will not get a Rage, because Coliseum battles do not count towards Rage.

305 Siegfriend and 303 Chupon are the ones you fight normally, on the Phantom Train and on the Airship Deck, and since they are past 254 (or 255 with the Pugs fix applied), they will not go on the Rage list.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 47
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(04-23-2022, 04:37 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: No, 55 Siegfried and 64 Chupon are the ones you fight in the Coliseum... So they will not get a Rage, because Coliseum battles do not count towards Rage.

305 Siegfriend and 303 Chupon are the ones you fight normally, on the Phantom Train and on the Airship Deck, and since they are past 254 (or 255 with the Pugs fix applied), they will not go on the Rage list.

I said I downloaded a patch that let Siegfried, Chupon, & Allo Ver. http://www.rpglegion.com/ff6/hack/rage.htm

Are you saying the bosses 305 Siegfried & 303 Chupon appear in the veldt, but they can't appear in Veldt due to being above 255 slot.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
(04-23-2022, 04:50 AM)doofenH Wrote:
(04-23-2022, 04:37 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: No, 55 Siegfried and 64 Chupon are the ones you fight in the Coliseum... So they will not get a Rage, because Coliseum battles do not count towards Rage.

I said I downloaded a patch that let Siegfried, Chupon, & Allo Ver. http://www.rpglegion.com/ff6/hack/rage.htm

Are you saying the bosses 305 Siegfried & 303 Chupon appear in the veldt, but they can't appear in Veldt due to being above 255 slot.

Oh okay, yeah that 'Rage Patch' seems to allow the 55 and 64 Colosseum ones to go onto the Veldt (after fighting them) in order to encounter them and get their Rage.
Hmm... maybe the 'Rage Checklist' patch does not take into account the other 'Rage Patch'? I'm not entirely sure. Perhaps @SilentEnigma can shed some light on this more.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 20
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Enlight
@doofenH,

In Rage Checklist, there is a folder "unlock" which contains add-on patches necessary to enable the normally inaccessible rages.
  • ff6_snes_rage_checklist_siegfried.ips
  • ff6_snes_rage_checklist_chupon.ips
  • ff6_snes_rage_checklist_allo_ver.ips
  • ff6_snes_rage_checklist_pugs.ips
Did you apply those patches to your ROM?

Quoth the readme:
Quote:Patches in the "unlock" folder will prevent the game from always blanking the
Rage slot corresponding to the enemy specified in the file name.

Inaccessible Rages
==================

The main patch will always blank the Rage slots for Siegfried, Chupon,
Allo Ver, and Pugs. The first three will never appear on the Veldt, and while
the Pugs Rage can actually be obtained, it is never listed in battle, because
its enemy number matches the null value used to mark a list slot as empty.

The only thing those "unlock" patches do is zero out a single byte from the main patch.
To check if you have any of those "unlock" patches applied, check the following data between HiROM addresses C3/544E - C3/5451:
Code:
Rage Checklist Default:
C3/544E: 37  ; Siegfried (DISABLE)
C3/544F: 40  ; Chupon (DISABLE)
C3/5450: BB  ; Allo Ver (DISABLE)
C3/5451: FF  ; Pugs (DISABLE)

Modified (all rages unlocked):
C3/544E: 00  ; Siegfried (ENABLE)
C3/544F: 00  ; Chupon (ENABLE)
C3/5450: 00  ; Allo Ver (ENABLE)
C3/5451: 00  ; Pugs (ENABLE)

Hopefully that is the only thing missing for you.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to SilentEnigma for this post:
  • doofenH (04-23-2022)

Threads: 47
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(04-23-2022, 11:50 AM)SilentEnigma Wrote: @doofenH,

In Rage Checklist, there is a folder "unlock" which contains add-on patches necessary to enable the normally inaccessible rages.
  • ff6_snes_rage_checklist_siegfried.ips
  • ff6_snes_rage_checklist_chupon.ips
  • ff6_snes_rage_checklist_allo_ver.ips
  • ff6_snes_rage_checklist_pugs.ips
Did you apply those patches to your ROM?

......No. 

After dozen of reapplying, I'm not sure why sometime nothing happened, but I finally got all the list in alphabetical order in the field menu too. And the best part is it does not mess up with my new monster names order that I had previously done with assassin's Alphabetical rage order 1st. Thank for the help SilentEnigma. Its a great patches along with Novalia & assassin's too.
  Find