Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
FFVI: Divergent Paths

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 14
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
(01-04-2021, 12:44 AM)rhonryderz Wrote: @power Panda I played ff6 beta in emulator apps in my smartphone. The problem is that in the beginning of the game where I play terra and the 2 soldiers in narshe. When encountered the 1st battle I use command to attack enemy bug occurred and turn into black screen. Does it means this not compatible to emulator apps in smartphones?

I had this happen to me and I think it was because my headered ROM was 1.1 and not 1.0.  All of the ROMs explicitly marked 1.0 were unheadered that I could find and all the headered ones didn't specify version, so I ended up just pasting the first 200 bytes of the 1.1 header on to the unheadered 1.0 and that fixed the crashing in the first battle issue.  I haven't gone any farther than that so far.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I did not get two Bracers, but in saying yes to agreet o help Banon the first time I was asked, I received a Gauntlet from him and then a set of Bracers from the other guy. Was that unintentional, as well?
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
X-Zone
(01-04-2021, 01:45 PM)Fast Moon Wrote: rhonryderz@I had this happen to me and I think it was because my headered ROM was 1.1 and not 1.0.  All of the ROMs explicitly marked 1.0 were unheadered that I could find and all the headered ones didn't specify version, so I ended up just pasting the first 200 bytes of the 1.1 header on to the unheadered 1.0 and that fixed the crashing in the first battle issue.  I haven't gone any farther than that so far.

You mean the Final fantasy 3 rom itself? I tried patched the ff3 rom 1.0 but when I played it, the game crash.  Sad
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
You can use this to add a header if you need to:
https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/593/

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
(01-04-2021, 07:01 PM)casualtom Wrote: I did not get two Bracers, but in saying yes to agreet o help Banon the first time I was asked, I received a Gauntlet from him and then a set of Bracers from the other guy.  Was that unintentional, as well?

Bumping this post in case it gets missed by the TC due to the first post approval rule possibly concealing it. Hold on

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
(01-05-2021, 11:19 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote:
(01-04-2021, 07:01 PM)casualtom Wrote: I did not get two Bracers, but in saying yes to agreet o help Banon the first time I was asked, I received a Gauntlet from him and then a set of Bracers from the other guy.  Was that unintentional, as well?

Bumping this post in case it gets missed by the TC due to the first post approval rule possibly concealing it. Hold on

Thanks Gi. That makes a lot more sense. Yes. You will ALWAYS get the Bracers from the other random guy. If you say yes to Banon, you will also get a Gauntlet. From a gameplay perspective, I wanted the player to have both right away. The reason why will be evident once I finish another hack that I have gotten majorly stuck on. It adds an equipment flag for what weapons can be used with the Bracers (originally Genji Glove). I was able to get it to work on the main menu, but I just can't figure out how to get it to work in battle. The thread is here: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread-3734.html

In general, players with specialized weapons will be able to use one or the other, but not both. For example, Celes, with her spears, will heavily favor the Gauntlet, and Locke, with his knives, will heavily favor the Bracers. Cyan can ONLY use Gauntlet-enabled weapons (until the WoR), and Sabin can ONLY use Bracer-enabled weapons.

With the Gauntlet and Bracers, you will also have the ability to Steal both on the Floating Continent. The Ninjas have Bracers as their rare steal, and the Samurai have Gauntlets. Both of those enemies can also be Metamorphized into those relics.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
[Image: xjBnL8d.png][Image: B82Gl5o.png]
Discovered a bug with Mog, this only happened if Mog is in the active party and if he's on the field, though it strangely didn't happen when I recruited Umaro. He's just stuck facing forward and it's purely cosmetic. It also doesn't occur on the World Map, which is odd.

EDIT: I first noticed it when I was watching the cutscene with Leo and Lola in Maranda. Also this is the World of Ruin, just to be clear.

If you ever feel useless, just remember that Umaro has an MP stat.
  Find

Status
None
(01-06-2021, 04:01 AM)Scorcher Wrote: Discovered a bug with Mog, this only happened if Mog is in the active party and if he's on the field, though it strangely didn't happen when I recruited Umaro. He's just stuck facing forward and it's purely cosmetic. It also doesn't occur on the World Map, which is odd.

EDIT: I first noticed it when I was watching the cutscene with Leo and Lola in Maranda. Also this is the World of Ruin, just to be clear.

Were the other Moogles affected in the opening scenario? They use the same sprite. I can't reproduce this issue. My only thought is that you may have applied a different patch over the top.

Projects:
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
It does not affect the other Moogles, this only affects Mog when he's in your party, but only in the World of Ruin, and only on normal maps, and not the World Map. I did not apply any other patches, Divergent Paths is the only patch on this rom.

EDIT: It also does not show up in battle at all, he looks completely normal in battle. It also fixes itself upon saving and resetting. I have no idea what caused it, but I noticed it only happened after I recruited Umaro.

If you ever feel useless, just remember that Umaro has an MP stat.
  Find

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Moog
Could be Mog's actor is holding onto a setting to not animate while walking, simultaneously coupled with a pose that is not supported. If it happened when you recruited Umaro, it could be damage to the event that causes Mog to move up next to the Sasquatch and bop 'im.

EDIT:
Could be as simple as switching these two lines.
Code:
CCD79A: {3D-0F}               Create object $0F
CCD79C: {40-0F-0F}            Assign properties $0F to character $0F (Actor in slot 15)
In the vanilla version of the event, the properties are assigned first. Everything else in the event seems to be vanilla... so maybe it's an entrance trigger thing?
  Find