Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Transfer of Forum URL from HTTP to HTTPS (done)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
A few technical stuff:

We just bought a SSL certificate (enabling HTTPS). I can't make the HTTP to HTTPS redirection until it is running (from now to 48 hours max) so there might be a downtime reaching the HTTP address from the time it is up until I notice the change. However when this occurs https://www.ff6hacking.com should be running. The redirection should be permanent but from that time an on, our address will start officially with HTTPS and not HTTP anymore.

Also I will do a forum engine update sometime in the weekend so you might get a 503 error for a few hours. Thanks for your understanding!
  Find
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • B-Run (05-15-2017), SSJ Rick (05-11-2017), Tenkarider (05-12-2017)

Status
Tissue-aware
Ok, HTTPS is now active and HTTP to HTTPS redirection work. If you browser was acting crazy with the URL (which was the case for me), simply clear you cache, but if you got this problem you probably can't see this.

As for forum downtime, it should be somewhere Sunday.

Note that if you put any outside resources (such as images from imgur) in a thread, the page will be labeled as partially not secured because of outside resources embed which is in fact doesn't change anything.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Debrave
Thank you for the certificate...but I know those aren't cheap. Can you handle the cost?
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(05-12-2017, 07:43 AM)Turbotastic Wrote: Thank you for the certificate...but I know those aren't cheap. Can you handle the cost?

yes, the cost is not so bad when split between two admins or more. The community was already great coming up with the 220$ required for hosting and domain name until 2019 so we are not doing a fundraising campaign for a SSL certificate.

It did came up to 53$ CAD since we were a long time customer. If you (or anyone) feel like chipping in, the ff6hacking paypal is always open for donation:
  Find

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Excellent move!

I just dropped $20 in the tip jar to help out. The link is broken, but I had your email in my PayPal history from last year's donation. Cheers!

By the way, how about putting a (functional) PayPal link somewhere on the front page? It doesn't have to be huge or anything, just accessible.
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to seibaby for this post:
  • B-Run (05-15-2017), SSJ Rick (05-14-2017)

Status
Tissue-aware
(05-12-2017, 05:00 PM)seibaby Wrote: By the way, how about putting a (functional) PayPal link somewhere on the front page? It doesn't have to be huge or anything, just accessible.

Thanks seibaby! Yeah that seems like a logic thing to do I'll get on tonight probably!
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
I've put up a "permanent" donation button on the portal and index pages. Note that if a rogue ROM hacker Nigerian Prince donate a decent amount and we are 2 years ahead on all payments, we could probably do some sort of contest with real prizes other than the pride of winning (and shame of losing for others).
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(05-14-2017, 03:51 AM)Madsiur Wrote: I've put up a "permanent" donation button on the portal and index pages. Note that if a rogue ROM hacker Nigerian Prince donate a decent amount and we are 2 years ahead on all payments, we could probably do some sort of contest with real prizes other than the pride of winning (and shame of losing for others).

Don't worry, the ROM hacker Nigerian Prince already contacted me.  He's going to send me enough cash to fund the site forever after my $495 payment bails him out of jail.

Confused Moogles FTW
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Lockirby2 for this post:
  • B-Run (05-15-2017), madsiur (05-14-2017)