Poll: If you could have control over one kind of magic IRL a la Chrono Trigger, which would you choose?
This poll is closed.
Wind/Air 11.76% 2 11.76%
Earth 5.88% 1 5.88%
Fire 0% 0 0%
Ice 5.88% 1 5.88%
Water 11.76% 2 11.76%
Darkness 5.88% 1 5.88%
Lightning 11.76% 2 11.76%
Time 35.29% 6 35.29%
Healing 11.76% 2 11.76%
Other 0% 0 0%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
If you could have control over one kind of magic, which would you choose...and why?

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(11-12-2015, 03:47 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: do you think Madsiur would start to focus on his hack and finish it in much less time if someone would offer him 3.000.000$? Laugh

Give me 12 000$ and you have FF6 Enhanced: ENHANCED ready in 6 months (That's my actual net salary for that period of time if I'd work). I can round up to 10 000$ Tongue

As for the poll I'd slow down time to live 1.5x longer.
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 4
Status
Blind
Ten grand? I'll letcha know if'n I win the lottery or something, lol
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I went with Wind, but I'm also assuming it's a Final Fantasy based poll, and Time Magic is mostly limited to things that will speed up or slow down things a little. Nothing like being able to go back and time and fix all your mistakes, finish your homework instantly as far as real time is concerned, or reverse aging. Otherwise Time is the obvious choice, it's by far the most impactful on daily life. Sure, maybe Fire looks cool, but that doesn't beat enormous tangible effects.

Otherwise Wind would be pretty great. Skip the commute, it can perform Lightning's job as a power source to boot as well. If it's powerful enough it could stop deadly hurricanes, tornadoes, etc. as well. And it would be fun to boot.

Healing would be a close second. It wouldn't be a fun power to have, per se, but there's so much good that could be done with it.

Lightning, Ice and Time are honorable mentions.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
I figured if I could create electric signals I could talk with machinery. Also something about raining down lightening makes me giddy.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(11-12-2015, 08:34 PM)Jackimus Wrote: Ten grand? I'll letcha know if'n I win the lottery or something, lol

I'm not saying my hack is worth that or anything, it's just that I can't afford the luxury of not working and put 40+ hours on a hack on a weekly basis. That's the amount of money I'd be willing to accept and leave the job lol.

(11-12-2015, 09:07 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Healing would be a close second. It wouldn't be a fun power to have, per se, but there's so much good that could be done with it.

I agree with healing. Put in a real life context, different diseases could be seen as bad status, and aside of instant minor wounds healing, an all powerful white mage IRL could cure cancer and Alzheimer as examples.
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
While healing is really tempting, I feel like if they discovered me I would get into SO much pressure I might stop having time to myself, constantly aiding everyone in the world...ugh

So I went with wind. Not only propelling myself in the air would be a great way of traveling to one place to the other, doesn't pollute + no more bus and train stops, take that, but it could refresh in a hot day, push away evil-doers from their target, and if I'm able to use it subtlely I could dry up a painting/stuff with markers and clean up a paper after having erased something, to remove those annoying eraser "leftovers" xD. Sooo versatile.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Status
Double
Oh yeah, refreshing on a hot day would be pretty cool too. I should have thought of that. Tongue

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 13
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Crystal
I am a White Mage, I shall cure, I shall cure real good. I have my own reasons. Someone needs to heal this world of its ills..
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 2
Status
Mini
Mmmm. I'm going with what my daydreamy 12-year-old self always wanted while binge-playing Trigger: WATER.

It's just so versatile. You got a little bit of healing, a little bit of ice, little bit of status controlling, ...and bubbles. There will be bubbles. SO. MANY. BUBBLES.

Also, controlling waves and pretending to be a mermaid. Mostly in swimming pools.

... the time-travel, saving the world stuff? I'm not worried about it. That's what the Epoch is for.

"Find the crystals? Save the world? ...Who even was that guy?!"  Shrug  

http://rjenyawd.deviantart.com/

Find