FF6 Hacking
If you could have control over one kind of magic, which would you choose...and why? - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Vector, Imperial Capital (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-58.html)
+---- Forum: Polls (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-61.html)
+---- Thread: If you could have control over one kind of magic, which would you choose...and why? (/thread-2995.html)

Pages: 1 2

If you could have control over one kind of magic, which would you choose...and why? - Gi Nattak - 11-12-2015

If you could have control over just one kind of magic IRL, like this powerful mage here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHqGGo3ZKmM
which would YOU choose and for what purpose in mind?

1) Wind/Air
Summon huge gusts of wind, fly around...

2) Earth
Create mountains, move giant boulders...

3) Fire
Burn it down...burn it ALL down...

4) Ice
Go snowboarding anytime, instant cold beer...

5) Water
Part the waters like Moses, become a super-fireman...

6) Darkness
Summon the dead, cause mental anguish...

7) Lightning/Electricity
Shoot bolts of lightning, free energy source...

8) Time
Speed up or slow down time...

9) Healing
Heal diseases and cure injuries...

10) Other

RE: If you could have control over one kind of magic, which would you choose...and why? - Catone - 11-12-2015

You had me sold at "instant cold beer"... not to mention free Air Conditioning.

Time would be my second choice, would get into way to much trouble though. Same with pretty much all the rest too, way to much trouble.

So yeah let's stick with cold beer and free AC.

RE: If you could have control over one kind of magic, which would you choose...and why? - Jackimus - 11-12-2015

Cold beer was tough to pass up, but time magic is always the most overpowered.

RE: If you could have control over one kind of magic, which would you choose...and why? - Cecil188 - 11-12-2015

As a student, time will always be the most versatile and useful for me.

If you could have control over one kind of magic, which would you choose...and why? - Tenkarider - 11-12-2015

Can you do only the stuff you mentioned with powers or they were just examples?

1) if the first one is true then time;

2) if the second one is true then Earth:
What could i do with it:
- destroy the Earth; Laugh
- defend myself from any kind of menace with an earth shield/armor;
- defend mankind, opening natural bunkers toward the depths of the planet in case of apocalyptic events like a worldwide tsunami, ice age, gamma rays, war(i'd not let enter right everybody in that case) and maybe even meteors?(depends on the size, if it just burns the surface ok, if it destroys the planet unless i can generate earth at the same speed we're done for Tongue )
- earth means nature, if i can't directly manipulate the nature itself i can still manipulate the properties of the earth and so allow the earth to make grow 100% healthy plants/fruits/etc. as food or health products from the planet and grant myself a very long life;
- for the reason above i can also manipulate earth properties to create/modify minerals and make them become gold, platinum, sapphires, ruby which means become rich forever;
- no need to search for a job i mean... why? i already have all what i want, just gimme a computer for my game projects and i can dedicate all the rest of my time for my life in general;
- i can create my ideal place in which i can live my life, like a huge garden, very distant from pollution and shit, just have to ask to an engineer a project for know how to build my house(with my earth power, of course)

RE: If you could have control over one kind of magic, which would you choose...and why? - Gi Nattak - 11-12-2015

I'd probably choose electricity/lightning. I've always been a fan of Raiden's powers as well as Zeus, and Chrono. Lightning/Thunder is loud as f**k also which is cool and can also cause fires, so that's a 2 for 1 right there in terms of elements of sorts. Somehow channeling it into a free energy source for all would be world changing as well for the better, and if any government forces tried to stop that I'd simply rain down bolts of lightning on them and any airplanes or missiles lol.

RE: If you could have control over one kind of magic, which would you choose...and why? - JWhiteLXXXIX - 11-12-2015

darkness.. because i am a dark knight at heart

RE: If you could have control over one kind of magic, which would you choose...and why? - Catone - 11-12-2015

I'll give Tenka credit, that's a pretty good plan. Except for that one part about a goverment agency (which? Hell all of them are gonna be after you in some form) deporting you to a space station to be probed.

Let's face it, in reality, humans see, they want. Even if you did good things. So, after WHAT power is stated, I guess the next question is, hide or fight? More of a:

"go public as yourself"
"go public with secret identity"
"keep it secret and use publicly"
"keep secret and use only for yourself"

As for me? That's why I kept it simple, maybe do something about that global warming thing and not tell anybody, build igloos and snowmen in the deserts for fun.

If you could have control over one kind of magic, which would you choose...and why? - Tenkarider - 11-12-2015

If they would be after me they would have pretty bad surprises... like being buried alive in a huge mass of earth 2 seconds after realizing they miss the land under their feets; attack by sea? if i move the land under the sea i can cause very violent streams that make everybody drown; attack by sky? dust is everywhere in the world, if i concentrate it all in one point i can do pretty good stuff with it, like sudden flying walls, spikes, any shape you can immagine;
Weaponry? if i see someone(even a rocket) arrive i can both sink under the ground and create all the earth walls i want(if i wanna make them resistant i can do them hard as diamond)
I can change my location in the world in any moment(travelling trough the dephts of the earth, house included) and if i want i can just cover the area in which i use computer with metals which make interferences with waves and shit(there should be some stuff like that) or wait them in an unreachable place that i can always change.

Having a power like manipulate earth, why should i ever show myself hiding/or not my identity, when i can do everything hidden under the earth/wall/whatever: theorically they shouldn't even be aware of my existance(except the fact of being a random guy) people might see crazy stuff happening without even know why.

I can improve worldwide nature without the others might even realize it(probably some stupid big head would brag about that improvement, but i can live with it)

And, honestly. i'd never share precious gems and stuff with the world... would that improve the quality of life of everybody? no, absolutely no: politicians would have a better excuse to steal from people, the value of those minerals would collapse immediately and instead of solving the current crisis they would claim that problem as solved(after all the shit would happen later the worldwide crisis would return) to solve money problems people must kick the ass of politicians and destroy the current system, nothing i could ever do alone... THAT would be the case in which i'd draw governments attention(and i definitely don't want it)

If i were rich(even in reality) i actually don't care really much about money, living a life without debts is more than enough i think; what i'd actually use money for would be to invest in projects of others that interests to me
A random example... if i were rich and saw Abyssonym's project wip i'd contacted him and say something like: "i like your project, within 2 days i'll send you 30.000$: use them as you want to increase the time that you will spent working on it" since it's a Github project i'd realize if he's making progresses in a reasonable time(i mean, not like he's just enjoying my money and whatever) and while i'd not ask money back, it would be a shame to lose the chance of being funded for further projects from me Tongue
PS. do you think Madsiur would start to focus on his hack and finish it in much less time if someone would offer him 3.000.000$? Laugh

RE: If you could have control over one kind of magic, which would you choose...and why? - Cyprus - 11-12-2015

I've always been an Earth Bender