Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sprite Ideas

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 6
Status
None
Holy Crap Zeemis! That is a hundred times better or more than what I had. How'd you get it so good? where would you put the middle shade of blue on the color palette? At the very end, or next two the other blues, or does it even matter? Thanks again for the pointer in this. It's way better than what I had. Gets me jacked for it. Lots a work ahead though, lol. Also what would I resize it to again so that i could work as a proper sprite size for ff6? Oh and THANKS!

ANd yes, my poor attempt was nightcrawler.
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
If you have Skype, I can talk to you directly and show you directly what I did. I can do it with a new sprite instead of just altering the one I showed you.
My Skype name is: Zemious

There are tons of better sprites than myself, I've just had a few years of practice. However, 16x24 sprites aren't really what I started on.
What I really admire about your first two edits (at least the first one) is that despite your current lack of spriting skill, you still made them look close to what they're suppose to be. I can tell you're on the right track and with some practice and training, you can get a lot better!
  Find

Status
None
I don't have skype atm, but i can get it. I don't have a cam though, don't know if that's a big deal or not. when i get it i'll look add you up.
  Find

Status
Traitor
You don't need a webcam, or a microphone for that matter. Skype has a feature where you can call someone and click "Share My Screen". It shows the other user everything you're doing.
By doing this, I can show you me spriting and tell you why I'm doing what it is I'm doing.

As I said though, you're fine by just typing while I talk and explain some stuff.
  Find

Status
None
ok i will download it and add you. Thanks again for all the help.

did you use white as your transparent in the edit you did?
  Find

Status
Traitor
I changed your blue to a grey color. A blue background with a blue set of colors used on the body is just asking for trouble. Tongue
Makes it hard to see. I later deleted the color by making it transparent in Gimp. In FF3SE, you'll have to designate the color you want as transparent.
  Find

Status
None
here's a few i've worked on. definitely amateur, pls give constructive input.

[Image: 510_06_03_11_7_10_10.png]

this the cyclops you did one image for zeemis. I know i haven't done it justice, but it's a start.

[Image: 510_06_03_11_7_11_13.png]

Wolverine

[Image: 510_06_03_11_7_11_57.png]

Colossus. I think it still looks too much like Sabin. Other comments?

thanks all.

Besides the tedious amounts of practice to get sprites to look decent, the trickiest part will be getting the sprites to work with the shared palettes Hmm
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Welcome to the wonderful world of hacking - the rewarding part is when you're clever enough to work around the limitations of the program to get something resembling the results you want.

I have to say that the mask on Wolverine is pretty damn awesome. I'm impressed with how much you managed to make it look like him! It looks a little awkward in some of the poses, like casting/fallen/headdown, but the walking shots are great. You're getting better rather quickly.

Status
None
any tips on how to clean that up?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 148
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
I'm also impressed how much Wolverine looks like Wolverine. Definitely a great start. Keep it up.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.