Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Cameo Fantasy III

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
OMG! I love that!

Wasn't to long ago I was playing Lunar: Silver Star Story.

It's great to see you back though, this hack will be amazing once it's done. ^_^
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-10-2012, 02:21 PM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: Sorry I disappeared for a few months there. I have a new job and things are bit more stable for a while, so I've gotten some more work done the hack. It's a lot of the tedious work, but it's getting done!

It's good to see you back, although we never really exchanged. Your hack look really promising from the posts I have read since I'm here. Plus you look like a really competent hacker!
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Thanks, but I honestly suspect you're a lot more skilled at hacking now than I am.

In fact... I've got some graphical glitches that I could use some help with. Specifically, all my monster sprites are glitchy messes... And Magi-tek armor sprites keep popping up on them during the intro scenes. I dunno what to do about it.

Also... I've got a WIP intro that I finally uploaded to youtube (shows off the glitches and shows off some of what I'm trying to do) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0uedJcdQI4

Thoughts...?

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-11-2012, 12:22 AM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: Thanks, but I honestly suspect you're a lot more skilled at hacking now than I am.

Thanks. I've been learning assembly at the same time as event editing and now I know my way around both. There is still so much to learn though.

(05-11-2012, 12:22 AM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: In fact... I've got some graphical glitches that I could use some help with. Specifically, all my monster sprites are glitchy messes... And Magi-tek armor sprites keep popping up on them during the intro scenes. I dunno what to do about it.

As for the glitchy monster sprites (around 7:30) it's a stencil problem that you can fix in FF3usME. Two monsters of your formation probably have a smaller stencil than their sprite.

As for the M-tek sprites, I had the same problem and with playing with different molds, reducing the number of monsters in formation or reducing the size of their sprite, I could get rid of the problem. I don't remember if playing with the position of the sprites change something. It's a problem that I don't exactly understand the roots but it can be solved. Sometime the formation is correct but in a pincer attack it will be glitchy so you have to check that as well.

I like your sprite by the way!

[/quote]

Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I've been looking forward to this since I read about it. Wish Ghaleon had a larger role, though; he's the supreme badass.
  Find

Status
None
He's basically the first real boss of the game, that should count for something! And he gets some speaking lines, unlike... well... nearly every other boss. And he gets to be a good guy! All things considered, he's doing pretty well for a non-PC. Wink

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
nice job man

I noticed the soldier's were slightly off palette wise (the lighter shade should be where the darker 1 is, I can fix it if u want)

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
The soldiers?

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
yeah fei and abel, I think it might be the palette but I need to see it for myself

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Runic
I'm glad you're back, Djinn, I can't wait for the first demo. Smile

"Expect an early Winter with lots of snow!" Roan's Snowball Fight move

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheArcadianKnight
I'm a serious Grandia II fan and my all-time favorite character is Roan
  Find