Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Cameo Fantasy III

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
@Poco: Custom Meteo works just fine. I actually have plans for the boss replacing Magi Master already, but I'll probably be stealing a bit of Magi Master's script to make Magus. I'm still not sure which boss he should replace. I have a list of all the ones I need to replace in the first section.

@SAA: Volt Tackle -could- work, but Pikachu's physical damage is unsalvagable, and making his DA based on his physical stats just seems like punishing an already low-end character. Also, I don't know of any way to make a DA take HP from the user.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
alright then

I'll get 2 u when I can Wink

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Runic
I'm looking forward to playing this hack when you eventually get to finishing it or releasing a demo, btw, love your Vyse sprites djinn. Smile

"Expect an early Winter with lots of snow!" Roan's Snowball Fight move

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheArcadianKnight
I'm a serious Grandia II fan and my all-time favorite character is Roan
  Find

Status
None
Thanks. I notice that I'm mostly using older games, like SNES and PSX-era stuff (exceptions being Tales of the Abyss and Shadow Hearts).

I'm thinking of adding in some newer PS2 stuff, like Kingdom Hearts. Anyone have any ideas for what they'd like to see in the game from the KH series?

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Never really liked kingdom hearts. Why don't you add Silmeria and Brahms in one boss fight? It'll be nice since Brahms was Silmeria's einherjar before becoming the lord of the undead.

I also thought about having freya as a playable characters, but I wonder about the color compatibility with other characters and all that.

Status
None
Freya is currently replacing either Phumbaba or DoomGaze.
The idea for Phumbaba being that Freya was Odin's right-hand commander who basically abused Terra (while she was under Odin's control) about as much as Kefka, and also was responsible for killing Millenia (General Leo's replacement). Or something like that.
The idea behind replacing DoomGaze is that Freya flies~!
I really like the idea of a boss fight with Silmeria and Brahams, but I'm not sure where I would fit that in... I have a list of undecided bossfights at the top of the first post... which one do you think might work? Lenneth is replacing Celes, and there's not a lot of Celes-specific boss fights, despite her being a main character.

Threads: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Runic
I know Meeple used some kingdom hearts enemies in his hack, the shadow enemies were cool, even one of them had auto-clear status. Wink

edit: I remembered that zeemis used kingdom hearts bosses in his hacks.

"Expect an early Winter with lots of snow!" Roan's Snowball Fight move

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheArcadianKnight
I'm a serious Grandia II fan and my all-time favorite character is Roan
  Find

Status
None
(03-11-2011, 12:24 AM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: Freya is currently replacing either Phumbaba or DoomGaze.
The idea for Phumbaba being that Freya was Odin's right-hand commander who basically abused Terra (while she was under Odin's control) about as much as Kefka, and also was responsible for killing Millenia (General Leo's replacement). Or something like that.
The idea behind replacing DoomGaze is that Freya flies~!
I really like the idea of a boss fight with Silmeria and Brahams, but I'm not sure where I would fit that in... I have a list of undecided bossfights at the top of the first post... which one do you think might work? Lenneth is replacing Celes, and there's not a lot of Celes-specific boss fights, despite her being a main character.

In the WOR, there's this quest to recruit Sabin in which you've got to save the little boy from the crumbling house with only Celes. What do you think if you make this "boy" a little girl named Alicia, that tried to hide herself there from Hrist by guidance of silmeria?? When Lenneth finds Alicia inside the house, she flees when sensing Hrist, and promises to meet lenneth once again.

The party may find Alicia somewhere inside odin's castle ruins (war of the magi) and when they try to talk to her, she starts a fight as silmeria...and I ran out of ideas Laugh

It may be easy to do the first part in LE, changing the boy sprite into the girl, and removing the boy's sprite from Tzen after the house crumbles to be consistent with the changes.

About the event editing for this... If I remember well, the kid's NPC sprite is coded to follow celes, once you talk to him. You can just have the NPC run and disappear, and edit some of the dialogue for her mom outside. Tell her mom that her daughter fled to another place or something...
I haven't thought about creating the event for the boss battle inside odin's castle..., but let me know what you think.

Status
None
My plan for Tzen was to finally give Claude his own event. He'll be replacing Sabin there, holding up the building to finally fulfill his destiny as a hero, and the little boy gets replaced by Rena.

Though... I'm not particularly thrilled with that scenario, so I might use yours. Adding a new boss battle is fairly easy provided that the switches are in place for it. So possibly adding one to the Tzen event is a good idea that I'm going to steal either way~

Status
None
lol, you thief!!

For Claude, you could have an event in which he rescues Rena from the Shingo forest...but the only forest-event in the game is in the phantom train with sabin, cyan and shadow..so there's going to be a bit of a problem with that one.

Another idea: you could have an event similar to the one in the sealed heraldry weapons lab (the one which rena discovers she's from a million years in the past and the game makes it really obvious that Claude and Rena have feelings for each other) happen inside the magitek research facility somehow.

Just another idea: you could have an event similar to claude and rena's meeting with the wise man(in the tower of eluria) happen in the floating continent, before the party jumps into the airship and the world is destroyed...this would be nice since after they meet the wise man, they're "transported" to the dying world, which is kind of the same as nede.