Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My little sprites - Bomberman Update, almost finished.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
nice work on Mario & Luigi

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(11-17-2011, 10:49 PM)CrumpledMedal Wrote: Those Mario and Luigi sprites are good, very good. If you can get them in the proper format to where I can use them in a hack, I'll be great. I hope you can finish all these.

Patience, patience I do intend to complete as many as i can. Smile

However, even if I have lots of patience for graphics, tilesets, spritesheets, I'm going mad with the palette in FF3USME, is there a simple way to export a png with photoshop or graphic gale for FF3USME to recognise the palette in the right order or to simply export a full spritesheet avoiding any problems with the palette? ;[
Had fun with some star wars troopers tonight, here's a preview of the sheet.

[Image: FFVI Style Stormtrooper.png]
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Man, I think you've got a touch of Stormtrooper Syndrome! They are pretty sweet though, I like them all and they'll be a neat addition to a custom hack I am working on.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 148
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
The Storm Troopers are looking excellent! And I'm sure someone here like Zeemis should be able to answer your question about exporting the .png thing.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(11-21-2011, 12:00 AM)Lamhirh Wrote: However, even if I have lots of patience for graphics, tilesets, spritesheets, I'm going mad with the palette in FF3USME, is there a simple way to export a png with photoshop or graphic gale for FF3USME to recognise the palette in the right order or to simply export a full spritesheet avoiding any problems with the palette? ;[

I actually just figured this out for myself late last night, here are the instructions for exporting the PNG correctly in photoshop.

1. Save for web as a PNG-8, not PNG-24
2. Open the saved PNG AND the PSD in PS
3. Zoom in on the PSD so that you can see all the colors
4. In the PNG go Image>Mode>Color Table
5. Click the eyedropper in the COLOR TABLE and then click the top/left box. This makes the first color transparent.
6. Continuing from left to right, click each box, use the eyedropper tool from the TOOL PALETTE to select the color from your PSD in the following order: The almost black of your outline, the whites of your eyes, the color of your eyes, the light hair color, the dark hair color, the light skin color, the dark skin color. Then the next four are your outfit colors, and the last four are any color as these aren't used by playable characters. If you did this correctly, only the first row of 16 should be active.
7. Now click ok in the color table. You may notice that your sprites are all jacked up now. Simply copy and paste from the PSD to the PNG and save. You can now import into FF3usME with no plaette issues.
Laugh

PM me if you have any issues.....
  Find