Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy: Mutant VI

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 6
Status
None
I'll look into that. If that's the case, it can make things easier and more flexible. Thanks!

Here's the Gambit I've been working on.

[Image: 510_10_03_11_2_00_51.png]

Sprites that i'll be working towards
-cyclops (already posted some in this thread)
-colossus (already posted some in this thread)
-wolverine (already posted some in this thread)
-Gambit (already posted some in this thread)
-Storm
-Psylocke
-Nightcrawler
-Xavier
-Magneto
-Iceman
-Angel (maybe)
-Beast
-Kitty Pride/Shadowcat
-Jean Gray/Phoenix
-Rogue

I think that's all of them. If you have any desire in taking a crack at any of these, please feel free to or if you want to spruce up anything i've posted - I know colossus and wolvie need some work.

thanks for all the help so far, everyone!
  Find

Status
None
[Image: 510_12_03_11_1_49_53.png]

latest crack at nightcrawler.
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Good start. The shape is generally good, and the tail looks better (though still needs to be smoothed out a lot). But the shading is... confusing.

My suggestion would be to go through and make everything monocolor. Get rid of ALL the shading until you have a solid red costume, solid lighter blue skin, and solid grey-blue hair (leave the outline and eyes as-is for now). Once you can see all of those shapes clearly, THEN go through and try to add darks and lights to the sprite.

Actually... once you make it all monocolor, post that here so that someone else can add shading to it and give you an example, maybe? You can certainly try it on your own too, but if you add the monocolor here and make it easier for us to help, we're more likely to.

Status
None
Thanks for the input. I'll give that a shot and repost eventually.

I'm finding the spriting to be incredibly tedious and trying to work with the shared palette issue in ff6 makes it that much more tedious. I have an idea on how i want characters to enter the game, but the sharing of palettes is making it most difficult, especially for guys like iceman and colossus and even nightcrawler, with their unique skin colors. Any suggestions there.

The spriting alone i'm finding to be maybe a bit more ambitious than I initially thought it to be, especially as a brand new ff6 hacker.

thanks again for all the input and help!
[Image: 510_12_03_11_8_36_41.png]

here he is monochrome as suggested.
Also, anyone who is interested in helping with Spriting (especially) as well as any other aspect, please let me know. I would gladly have your help!
  Find

Status
None
[Image: 510_17_03_11_7_11_06.png]

attempt @ beast
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
Still having a bit of trouble with the shading. Perhaps I could help you later today (it's now 1:18 Am, so tommorow I guess when i wake up).
  Find

Status
None
yeah shading is something, i haven't been too good at yet. How is the rest of the sprite(s) looking (minus shading), in your more experienced opinion?
  Find