Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Placing Wedge and Gestahl in 2 extra char slots through events

Status
None
Can anybody tell me how to fill the 2 extra character slots in party? I had an idea of who I want and how to get them in party.Gestalhl's unconcious body is caried out and tossed down by Umaro before he fights you.Then after the fight and some dialogue Gestahl and Umaro joins you.Wedge can be standing next to GoGo who saved him from death and when you get GoGo Wedge joins too because he now serves GoGo out of gratitude.Can anyone help me make this possible? Or tell me what tools I might need? Also I want to add dialogue for Gestahl and Wedge in the final Kefka fight.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
all the things u want to do require heavy hex editing, there are no tools that can do this,

the problem is, not only do u need to greatly edit Biggs n Wedge so that they can equip things u cannot place them with new characters (if you try to recruit 2 brand new chars @ once the game crashes) as for Gestahl, in the original game he cannot be played because his sprite sheet is incomplete and is in the NPC section, therefore u will need 2 put a complete sheet replacing a playable character (therefore getting rid of someone else)

honestly what u want done requires ridiculous amounts of effort which @ the end of the day is not worth it trust me

but to add chars 4 the last 2 spots thats not too hard but u will still need to do a lot of ASM hacking to do so

good luck

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Well, actually Poco, the Hex editing for the equipment shouldn't be that hard. I mean all it is is just implimenting a code for equipment. Semi-playable characters like Banon, Wedge/Biggs and Leo have this special coding that prevents the player with tampering with their equipment (there for keeping the player from obtaining, say, an offering (Master's Scroll) early in the game)
I theorize (I know basically nothing about this but...) that there is some sort of blocking code that prevents the equipment from being changed. Remove that, and that should be it. If not, there is a smaller byte code that says the characters can only have this, and also prevents changable equipment. If this is the case, then it's a simple matter of copy and pasting the code from a playable character to the semi-playable character.
As for making them fully accessable & playable through a character selection screen 'n all, well, that's basically the equivilant of wanting to fight a gun battle in the times of Rome, it's not impossible (they had the materials to do it) but it's VERY hard to accomplish, and likely won't be accomplished successfuly until a group of ragtag hackers disect the rom byte by byte. Until then, good luck, and if you do it, then you have my undying loyalty and utmost respect.

Whelp. I still remember this place 13 years since first joining   Laugh
  Find

Status
None
haha well said Angelo :p

but I meant the whole thing about Gestahl himself was the b*t*h lolz :p

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
(12-11-2010, 04:10 PM)Poco Loco Wrote: haha well said Angelo :p
Since when was I Angelo?? Tongue
and, actually, that's quite easy too Smile
Although it depends a little on invisjames' priorities, one could easily make Gestahl playable. I mean, we DO HAVE a sprite sheet for him Tongue it's a simple sheet swap is all.
Also, I just thought of something, although it is very risky, there is a chance it may work. I'm gonna try it here in a few.
Here's my idea:
Zeemis recently submited a patch that lets you mess with anyone's command list in-game, right? well, here are my thoughts: I know there's a game genie cheat that lets you play as Kefka and/or Leo (certain codes make it random), I hypothesise that tampering with Kefka/Leo's command list will de-glitch the game, all it just depends on is giving Kefka a glitch-free command list, and, the end result would be a total cast of 16 characters.
So, it's a make-or-break situation; all chips in; I'll tell ya in a few if I nuked it of discovered hacking gold Tongue
agh! damn!
I can't get the patch to work >.<"

Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Heh, seems like Wrexsoul and I are somehow alike?

(12-10-2010, 11:19 PM)WrexSoul45 Wrote: Semi-playable characters like Banon, Wedge/Biggs and Leo have this special coding that prevents the player with tampering with their equipment (there for keeping the player from obtaining, say, an offering (Master's Scroll) early in the game)
I theorize (I know basically nothing about this but...) that there is some sort of blocking code that prevents the equipment from being changed. Remove that, and that should be it. If not, there is a smaller byte code that says the characters can only have this, and also prevents changeable equipment. If this is the case, then it's a simple matter of copy and pasting the code from a playable character to the semi-playable character.

I agree with this one, there is some code in the game(C3 bank) that specifies that all characters up to Gau are equippable (including Gogo). Umaro and the rest's equip and relics menu aren't accessible at all. Just change two or three bytes around.

(12-10-2010, 11:19 PM)WrexSoul45 Wrote: As for making them fully accessible & playable through a character selection screen 'n all, well, that's basically the equivalent of wanting to fight a gun battle in the times of Rome, it's not impossible (they had the materials to do it) but it's VERY hard to accomplish, and likely won't be accomplished successfully until a group of ragtag hackers disect the rom byte by byte. Until then, good luck, and if you do it, then you have my undying loyalty and utmost respect.

I was thinking that maybe this is possible if these characters are recruitable in the same way as shadow or gau are recruited (having only three party members). For example, have Biggs be recruitable in Gogo's Cavern, Leo recruitable around his grave, etc.

The problem would be that if you ever dare switch party members in the falcon or somewhere else these characters may be lost. This may be the hard part - Code an event that removes these temporary characters and returns each one of them to their original recruiting places (Biggs to Gogo's cavern, Leo to his grave, etc.) so they may be recruited again later on.

Kefka has no commands and all his stats (speed, strength, stamina, etc) are 80 by default. To make him even more awesome, he comes equipped with a paladin shield. If you make him obtainable, the game will become boring and easier, if you ask me.

Status
None
whoops just proves I've been slipping I meant 2 say that in another post lmfao

-HNIC

Status
None
@Angelo: fyi, I'm quote the Sh*t out of your post Tongue ^.^

(12-11-2010, 11:21 PM)angelo26 Wrote: Heh, seems like Wrexsoul and I are somehow alike?
apparently Laugh

(12-11-2010, 11:21 PM)angelo26 Wrote: I was thinking that maybe this is possible if these characters are recruitable in the same way as shadow or gau are recruited (having only three party members). For example, have Biggs be recruitable in Gogo's Cavern, Leo recruitable around his grave, etc.

The problem would be that if you ever dare switch party members in the falcon or somewhere else these characters may be lost.
actually, you're both absolutely right, and dead wrong. you're right because under NORMAL cercumstances, yes, coding would prevent you from keeping the characters after you swap characters on the falcon/blackjack/wherever, however, you're wrong because, using code manipulating Game Genie codes, one could make Leo AND Kefka playable. Smile But there are drawbacks, such as freezing and a glitchy Kefka. In general though, Leo is flawless, and with proper coding Kefka can be too.

(12-11-2010, 11:21 PM)angelo26 Wrote: Kefka has no commands and all his stats (speed, strength, stamina, etc) are 80 by default. To make him even more awesome, he comes equipped with a paladin shield. If you make him obtainable, the game will become boring and easier, if you ask me.
solution: a simple visit to the FF3usME hacking program. This kefka problem would occur with the use of GameGenie codes, but, if one could track down WHICH Kefka the code uses, someone who has good hex editing knowledge could easily edit that Kefka into a flawless version. It's all hex editing, simple hex editing.
To be quite honest, the solution is right under our noses. I'm not in a position to create this solution and solve our problem, but I can help in major ways, such as fixing the sprite sheets (which would be apart of it. The magitek riding sprites are linked to this for sure. Fix those sprites within their sprite sheets, and we're good to go, that could be a sign that we're on the right track.)
Anyone who does hex editing could do this. If anyone is willing to work with me on this (someone who knows hex editing), I'm here, and I'd be glad to help Smile

Find

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
i hav used a game genie code 2 make kefka and leo appear in the last slot of the party, the only problem is that when u switch them into yr party every1 dissapears and u cant switch them back out :/
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
There's an old video on youtube that helps you to get leo and kefka on the last two slots of the party in the airship using game genie codes.

Linkie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ennJFXMvVI

Enjoy :p