Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Placing Wedge and Gestahl in 2 extra char slots through events

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
yeah that was the one i used, i doesnt matter anymore though cause i can just swap the sprites around to another character :p
but who really needs them when i hav lightning Laugh
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Would you recommend FF13? I pretty much hated ff12 and never finished it.

Status
Crystal
it depends, not many people like it

i like it though, the pardagrim shifts add more fun into the gameplay, the characters are good 2
the story is rather intresting 2 but its not very final fantasyish if u know what i mean
but its a million times better than ff12 which is the worst final fantasy ever in my opinion, you might like it though, try looking at some video's of it to see if its something you like
the bosses are exteemily hard though and take a long time to kill which in some ways adds more fun 2 the game (barthendelus was a pain :/)
it does take a while 2 get going though, you dont get to explore gran pulse (the big giant map) untill
a long time, but its well worth the wait as the graphics and scenere are breath taking
all in all it just depends on what u like, u should get it 2 see what u think
  Find

Status
None
Thanks everybody for your input.I am fairly new at this stuff but I will work till I get what I want its just a project since I love FF6 (or 3 whatever) so much.I want to make a kind of alternate story where Leo is a main part ala the Edgar sprite swap.I just want to have a full roster which I also noticed that a Final Fantasy 3 hack(I dont remember which one but it has a black Mog)has.Just want to get Gestahl and Wedge in there one way or another.If my only choice is the hard way then so be it.

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
wow u also couldnt deafeat barthendelus at the first fight? i needed more then 20 tries! every time he killed me with Death sentence or how its called.every time! i thought oh mann! its gonna kill me now aaarrrggghh! im gonna attack now! no matter if he kills me! and then he killed me!

Wurmi: ... i live in Peach`s castle together with Mario...you don`t know how bad that is D:
Mario: is this so bad?
Wurmi: *cries*
Mario: don`t worry i am here Laugh
Wurmi: UWAAAAH! D;

Status
Crystal
i'm on the second time now, the first time he used destrudeo which was annoying :/
if it hit lightning it was game over and at first i though just stay still and wait for him 2 attack and then cure but it turns out that if u just keep lightning attacking she hardly takes any damage and then u just heal the people that did

the second time is much harder though as he is constantly attacking whith lasers, it really annoying...
  Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
@FEOK: I know, and depending on which code you use, various negative side affects happen. This is why I suggest hex-editing a game-genie coded came that has a Kefka And Leo playable code already implimented. I hypothesise that the hex editing should be altered in some way that affects the playability of Kefka and Leo. Simply alter their respective codes, weed out any bugs, and vwa-la! A playable Leo and Kefka with no bugs, and for future use, possibly two more playable characters that can be hacked/edited.

Whelp. I still remember this place 13 years since first joining   Laugh
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
This is a bit old, but I remember looking up a way to reverse-engineer a game genie code to have perminant effects instead of having to have them enabled. I was getting somewhere with the codes, but I remember it was glitching up visually. :/
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
I'm pretty sure you can code the game to treat slots 15 and 16 as regular characters. It's a little difficult since there's very little support for it throughout the main events, but if you had Gestahl/Leo/Kefka/Banon/whoever join very late in the game, you could probably just create some lines of code to make them compatible with the Airship Party Change code (it's right near the beginning of the Event Dump) and Kefka's Tower. They might not be compatible with Esper spell-learning, though, so you'd have to give them commands that don't require memory space (So, things like Sketch/Shock/Throw, or even Lore/SwdTech/Blitz if you don't mind two characters sharing a skill-list, just not Magic).

There are actually already bits/switches available to support having characters in the 15/16th slots, so it's definitely doable, but you'll need to use Jumps and a lot of space in the Event Dump, and you still won't be able to go over the 12-person limit for Kefka's Tower.

The upside is that all of the code you need is easy to copy from the already-existing events (Airship/Kefka's Tower).

However, it's VERY IMPORTANT that you make sure that the event you write to trigger their joining the party happens -after- you've done every other possible quest in the WoR or else you'll have to write more code for every event that this character can be available for.

It should be easy enough to do this by adding a check for certain endgame bits being switched on (probably something like the switch that says all 8 dragons have been defeated?). If you have this check before your event (again you'll need to clear a lot of space for this), then you should be able to make a glitch-free, Magic-less, 15th and 16th character.

Now, actually going through all the copying/coding necessary to -do- that could take a while, but in theory, it's very doable if you're dedicated and have enough free space.