Crystal
if u use the older 3usme and click on the ???? then in game it will be empty
  Find

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Ah I feel so dumb man, do u mind telling me like step by step where to go in FF3usME 6.60? Sorry dude I'm just lost lol..

[Image: funnysiga.jpg]

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
http://www.youtube.com/user/xJCSx1
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
I still like looking through the code and looking to see what else I can usually find Laugh
instead of using the FF6usME -sometimes-.

Justin, what you're looking for is this:

Data: Targeting for Magitek attacks

C1/9104: 43 43
C1/9106: 43 6A
C1/9108: 03 6A
C1/910A: 43 43

Data: Magitek attacks for Terra

C1/910C: 00 01
C1/910E: 02 03
C1/9110: 04 05
C1/9112: 06 07

Data: Magitek attacks for everyone but Terra

C1/9114: 00 01
C1/9116: 02 FF
C1/9118: 04 FF
C1/911A: FF FF

If you wanna have terra with no magitek attaks, simply replace the code with FF FF...but I'm not sure if the game will screw up when opening terra's magitek command so be careful.

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
maybe i can make a tutorial if there already isnt 1, but it is pretty easy 2 understand :p
just try messing around whith it, but make sure 2 keep multiple copies of yr rom Wink
if i get the time i'll make a tutorial lol
  Find

Status
None
This is perfect Angelo, thanks dude. You were right, FF makes it perfect and no bugging. Wink
Honestly not sure how I skipped over this...
I just only wish I could utilize Magitek (Crystal) for what I had in store.
What I was wanting to do was give espers early on in the game, right after the Tritoch scene. I succeeded in that, and all worked perfectly.
But I never knew this about Espers (Crystalyte) - espers can only teach 54 spells, those spells being the natural magics ones - like Fire, Ice, Drain, Ultima, etc..
What I tried doing was giving an esper a Magitek spell (Crystal Spell), but it spits out hieroglyphics on the esper equip menu, the name of the spell changes and the character learns some messed up magic Sad
I turned to Lenophis and he said that making espers teach Magitek as well as they're regular magics would require heavy hex editing in the C2 and C3 Bank Assemblies. So yeah it stinks but I'll come up with something.
What I'm trying to do is make it where the command "Magic" can't be abused like it was in the original; I mean every character, save for Gogo and Umaro, could use Magic, coupled with they're regular abilities.
With such an opportunity to exploit, the game was exceedingly easy. So far, only Lenna and Faris can wield magic..I'm thinking as a replacement for Crystalyte granting Magitek, perhaps weapons can grant a Magitek spell?
If so, that'd be cool..
But yeah thanks guys, and I'm so sorry FEOK but man I just can't find the area in FF3usME to even access the Magitek bank..but thanks nevertheless..

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
oh sorry man
its not in the older versions, i dont know were i got the idea from that it was in the first place XD
but yeah i'm sorry for tellin u that it was when it wasnt Sad
  Find

Status
None
ha no prob man, I've done wayy worse lolz

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
(12-10-2010, 11:03 AM)xJCSx Wrote: This is perfect Angelo, thanks dude. You were right, FF makes it perfect and no bugging. Wink
Honestly not sure how I skipped over this...
I just only wish I could utilize Magitek (Crystal) for what I had in store.
What I was wanting to do was give espers early on in the game, right after the Tritoch scene. I succeeded in that, and all worked perfectly.
But I never knew this about Espers (Crystalyte) - espers can only teach 54 spells, those spells being the natural magics ones - like Fire, Ice, Drain, Ultima, etc..
What I tried doing was giving an esper a Magitek spell (Crystal Spell), but it spits out hieroglyphics on the esper equip menu, the name of the spell changes and the character learns some messed up magic Sad
I turned to Lenophis and he said that making espers teach Magitek as well as they're regular magics would require heavy hex editing in the C2 and C3 Bank Assemblies. So yeah it stinks but I'll come up with something.
What I'm trying to do is make it where the command "Magic" can't be abused like it was in the original; I mean every character, save for Gogo and Umaro, could use Magic, coupled with they're regular abilities.
With such an opportunity to exploit, the game was exceedingly easy. So far, only Lenna and Faris can wield magic..I'm thinking as a replacement for Crystalyte granting Magitek, perhaps weapons can grant a Magitek spell?
If so, that'd be cool..
But yeah thanks guys, and I'm so sorry FEOK but man I just can't find the area in FF3usME to even access the Magitek bank..but thanks nevertheless..
No problem man, glad I'm able to help.
I was thinking about this, and got some ideas on how to learn those attacks:

1) Hack the code so you could learn magitek attacks like lore attacks - probably too complicated
2) Replace Mog's dances by magitek attacks - Make the character learn magitek attacks on new terrains (example, Learn Fire Beam when the background is in fire, Ice beam when on narshe's snow plains) - Maybe difficult, and dances will not be usable.
3) Rename 8 Spells to be your magitek attacks - and replace the bytes of these 8 spells by the magitek attack's bytes (you need to edit these using ff6MDE) - maybe easier, but the magitek attacks will appear on the magic menu.

Did you check that if you remove all magitek attacks from one character the option is still available and produces no glitches?

I'll keep thinking of ways to do this and I'll get back to you.

Status
None
Wow..I haven't the slightest idea as to how I never saw this new reply..ha sorry!
But these are great ideas! I think I am gonna go with the third one for now. It seems to be a little more practical and a good substitute in case I'm gonna come back to something else.
Then after that, I'll have unique crystal spells. Not sure what I'll do with Magitek yet but it's all getting there lol
Thanks so much for the input!
Oh and yeah I did check to see if Magitek still works out, it does! Smile All sounds good, thanks dude!

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find