Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Title: GP to Gil Change
Author: Angelo26
Download

Description:
This .ips patch replaces all game references of GP to Gil. This includes all dialog, all menus in shops, in the character menu, some character items (like Cat Hood and the relic that changes slots into GilToss), and all in battle messages (Got XX Gil, Stole XX Gil, etc.)

This patch will also apply darkmage's ff6 improvement patch v0.92, the Zozo Jump fix patch, and the Duncan Stays Put patch (credit to darkmage and mblock129 for the other two patches.)

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Awesome, might I ask how you changed the menu's GP to Gil?

[Image: funnysiga.jpg]

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
http://www.youtube.com/user/xJCSx1
  Find

Threads: 41
Status
None
Thanks xJCSx :p In the menu, there is space only for two letters for the money: GP. The same goes for the message you read after you win a battle (Got XX GP).

I created a new letter called " i l " in the rom and I replaced the new letter by the "P" in GP everywhere in the rom.

For the dialog, I just replaced GP by Gil.

Status
None
Wow now that's thinking outside the box! Great job, I seriously don't know why Square made the currency called GP, lol what's that stand for - gold points?
..Oh....

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I think it stood for "gold pieces"

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Coolio (I'm making that a new word, help support it!) but definitely prefer my GIL.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find

Status
None
I thought they were gold pieces as well.

The first one to change GP into Gil this was MetroidQuest in his hack. Probably Pandora's Box has the same fix. However, I don't know how he (MQ) was able to change it correctly in the menu, cause I checked his rom and he does it in a different way I'm unaware of.

Still, this way does the work for me :p Still gotta check though that everything is OK in the game.
Ahahaha Laugh You're funny xJCSx >_<

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
Hey, the link is down Sad You don't happen to have a copy of it do you?

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find

Status
None
I have it, but it also applies an early version of the improvement patch. are you sure it's ok to apply that patch too?

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
(11-20-2011, 04:29 PM)Angelo26 Wrote: I have it, but it also applies an early version of the improvement patch. are you sure it's ok to apply that patch too?
Oh wow, I completely missed that in the first post. I was just curious to see how you did it, I wanted to do something like it myself (just to say I can)

I also noticed that this is in the restored abilities patch after I posted, so I guess it's not necessary after all Smile

NNID (Wii U): pjmcphee
PSN: PaJMtree
Xbox Live: PJ_McPhizzle
  Find