Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Palettes

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Ok, listen up spriters and mods!
I believe it's time to form a grand total of six "Master" Palettes that everyone will use as a base.

THIS IS A SERIOUS FORUM, PLEASE DO NOT STRAY OFF TOPIC.

Ok, I personally would like anyone who is a moderator or a sprite hacker that has posted work on this site as proof of his or her work to post his or her oppinion.
Let's try to come up with a total of six palettes, no more, no less. These palettes will be used as guidelines for every sprite hacker.
Rules for each palette:
1) It must follow the sprite palette code. If you do not know the code, refer to my sprite hacking walkthrough/guide.
2) Each palette must contain sixteen colors, three however, must be two blacks (one for a clear background, and one for an outline) and a white.
3) despite what Poco and my walkthrough says, I suggest we use all sixteen color spots in order to maximize the effeciency of these "Master" palettes.

Well, let's start talking!
Post your comments, thoughts and ideas below. Any thoughts will be taken seriously as long as they are on topic.

Whelp. I still remember this place 13 years since first joining   Laugh
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
well there is not opposition to the last 4 colors seeing as how NPC's use them, but so long as they are not being used on the main body of a PC then there is no problem :p

(also we can use the hidden one of course Wink)

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
I know, but this point of these master palettes are to come up with six palettes that are applicable to any character, playable or not.
(And besides, unless someone is planning on a full-blown core hack, who's going to go out and make an NPC?)

Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
I actually have a lot of custom NPCs.

Like Alice from Shadow Hearts:
[Image: AlicePreviewMF6.png]

I've personally found that the most difficult thing is not having all the hair colors I want for different NPCs. I tend to like slightly-more-bright anime-esque colors.

For six palettes, we should focus on covering at least six basic hair colors so that we can assign NPC sprites whatever haircolor is good using FF3LE.

My suggestion would be:
0: Blonde
1: Brown
2: Green
3: Red
4: L.Blue
5: Purple or D.Blue
6: Pink? (Purple could go here too)

White, Black, and Gray should probably be a part of every palette, and this is just a suggestion for the two haircolor slots on each palette. I'm trying to stick fairly close to the original palettes for now.

Threads: 33
Status
None
Hold on I'll try posting a screenshot use number custom single color on a custom palette for anyone who's using the relm editor.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
nice example tonic

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
tonic: neet suggestion, but that's seven palettes...we can only max out at six.. :/
And personally I'm against pink hair, because there's no one that uses it.

Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
(10-29-2010, 07:52 PM)WrexSoul45 Wrote: tonic: neet suggestion, but that's seven palettes...we can only max out at six.. :/
And personally I'm against pink hair, because there's no one that uses it.

It seems you are not quite up to date about our advances with palettes. We can actually use 7 of them now, thanks to the discovery of Zeemis and Poco Loco. It just requires a bit more work, but still.
  Find

Status
None
well well well.
If you're talking about Zeemis' patch, then I am quite aware of it. However, I'd hate to say this, but I wish to only use six palettes because six is the natural, orriginal number of palettes on an un-patched, un-hacked Final Fantasy VI rom.
If I am wrong, though, please tell me about the seventh palettes. Smile

Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Palette 0 - Celes, Edgar, Sabin, etc.
Palette 1 - Locke, Merchant, etc.
Palette 2 - Terra, Daryl, etc.
Palette 3 - Relm, Strago, etc.
Palette 4 - Setzer, Cyan, etc.
Palette 5 - Mog, Ultros, etc.
Palette 6 - Esper Terra

We have 0-6 palettes naturally, guys. Also, please note that Esper Terra has pink hair...