Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Just an idea

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Ok, so I was playing with my FFVI Dissidia Heros hack today, and I ran into a glitch with a new move that I was trying to make.
Here's the glitch -- When I used my move, my character (Cloud in this case) ran up to the enemy and attacked (like in Dispatch) but, when he ended the move, he only took a step back. Now, this made me think of two things:

1. Is there a way to apply this "glitch" to normal attacks that you use with Fight and to any other physical attack that is included in the spell list, such as Pummel ect.
and
2. Is there a way to recreate the formula for damage based on the character's closeness to the enemy.

Now, if any of you have played a game like FFXII or Chrono Trigger, you might be thinking "This sounds like a Real Time Battle model" well, that's my intention. That's right, if possible, I (or someone that's really good at hex editing) will make Final Fantasy VI Dissidia -- Heroes' natural ATB battle model into a warped semi- RTB battle model. ^.^
I know because of certain ways the program is made, this won't be fully possible, but if all goes the way I plan it, enemies and characters alike will be moving around the battle screen (and hopefully not off of it) whenever the attacking thing uses a physical attack.
To do this, I only plan on adding this "glitch" to any attack that is physical in any way.

Whelp. I still remember this place 13 years since first joining   Laugh
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
I ran into the exact same problem while making a custom skill for Nattack, I was trying to do cross slash, and while the move itself came out good, the char took a step back, I am not 100% sure what caused it but if I find a way to reverse the effect then I will be sure to help u

(its not a glitch just so u know, its just how certain moves are programmed)

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
well then if you do figure out how it works, please tell me. I don't want to get rid of the glitch/program, I want to use it and manipulate it ^.^

Find

Status
None
I feel the same way, but 2 be honest I have no clue why it does that smh

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
That would require a level of assembly that I don't think anyone in the FF6Hacking community has, apart from -maybe- LordJ.

Now... something a little more possible, (though I don't know how to go about it), would be to create moves that change which row a character is in. There's already at least one move (R.Polarity) that can effect row, which already effects damage inflicted/received.

So that may be possible. But the thing about the animation glitch is that it's just an animation glitch, it doesn't alter anything about the way damage is calculated. It doesn't provide any feedback to the battle system, it's just aesthetic.

It's a neat idea, but even just trying to implement the Row-switching properties is a monstrous task of assembly, so I don't think there's going to be any Chrono Fantasy 6-style battle systems appearing on this engine anytime soon.

If you want to try to do some hex-editing yourself, though. Here's some of the relevant sections of the battle code:

Row

C2/194C: BB TYX
C2/194D: BD A1 3A LDA $3AA1,X
C2/1950: 49 20 EOR #$20
C2/1952: 9D A1 3A STA $3AA1,X (Toggle Row)
C2/1955: 20 8A 29 JSR $298A (Clear special effect, magic power, etc.)
C2/1958: 4C 67 31 JMP $3167 (Set attacker as target. Also set some other
properties before continuing with Combat Action
Function.)

(Back attack)
C2/2ECE: A2 06 LDX #$06
C2/2ED0: BD A1 3A LDA $3AA1,X
C2/2ED3: 49 20 EOR #$20
C2/2ED5: 9D A1 3A STA $3AA1,X (Toggle Row)
C2/2ED8: CA DEX
C2/2ED9: CA DEX
C2/2EDA: 10 F4 BPL $2ED0 (loop for all 4 characters)
C2/2EDC: A9 20 LDA #$20
C2/2EDE: 04 B1 TSB $B1
C2/2EE0: 60 RTS

R. Polarity

C2/3980: B9 A1 3A LDA $3AA1,Y (Target's Row)
C2/3983: 49 20 EOR #$20
C2/3985: 99 A1 3A STA $3AA1,Y (Switch)
C2/3988: 60 RTS

The best method I can think of to get what you want would involve needing to increment the attack # count to 2, so that you can have one attack that works as normal, and then a second half of the attack that targets the user and toggles their Row. You would then need to apply this effect to every attack in the game that would move a character.

Sounds simple, right?

Status
None
easier said then done lolz

but hopefully this might be what needs to be fixed

-HNIC

Status
None
well, then could someone give me Lord-J's e-mail so I could get in touch with him?
And it is possible, because I could recreate the battle damage formula to figure out damage based on distance, and using the extra-unused space in the game, I can impliment a formula to figure out distance based on how many pixels are between the enemy and the character (I.E. One pixel equals one centimeter) in order to figure out distance for the battle formula. It's very much possible, and I could do it, with the right help. Hex editing is only a bunch of math, right? If so, then I can do math ^.^

Find

Status
None
I think his email is on his webpage :p

-HNIC

Status
None
...what's his webpage... o.o?

Find

Status
None
http://www.angelfire.com/pq/jumparound/

-HNIC