Whelp. I still remember this place 13 years since first joining   Laugh
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
haha ok :p

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Wait but this also happened to the Crossbow or not??

Wurmi: ... i live in Peach`s castle together with Mario...you don`t know how bad that is D:
Mario: is this so bad?
Wurmi: *cries*
Mario: don`t worry i am here Laugh
Wurmi: UWAAAAH! D;

Status
None
yea but that was different because it was equipment

it might be able to be solved in a similar way though

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 25
Status
None
I don't want it solved!!!!!
I want to extract the coding, then aply it to every ettack that is physical Tongue

Find

Status
None
well its just the whole thing of taking out the extra step back is all

-HNIC

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Well, of course it's -possible-, it's just a question of whether or not it's worth doing within the infrastructure of the FF3us rom. Of course a game can be programmed to calculate damage based on distance.

The problem with saying that all you have to do add some code to the damage formula to make it incorporate distance is that there's nothing in FF6 that does this already. There's no routine that runs a check for how many pixels are between two on-screen actors during battle. Sure, you could probably code one, but that would more-than-likely require running a multi-layer system over FF6's core where you're basically using another program to do all your actual game-playing and it just pulls some functions from FF6's rom from time to time. And that is -not- easy hex-editing, that's actual game programming, and there is no one here that can help you do that. You'll need to contact some professionals for that, more than likely. LordJ might have an idea of how to do this, but I doubt he has the time to make something like this.

I'm not trying to be mean. I even tried to suggest to you a method for implementing something similar to what you want. But the fact is that the FF6 hacking community doesn't even have all of the FF3us rom decoded - there's still tons of data that people don't really mess with. Even common things like where animation graphics data is stored isn't fully understood... I'm just trying to put it in perspective for you.
Hmm... Actually, the more I think about it, the more plausible ideas come to mind. It may be somewhat possible to calculate pixel distance if you can find someone who knows how the animation data works. Not the normal "let's rearrange premade animations to get new kinds of animations" thing that most of us do, but as in the rountines that actually determine things like when to display which animation spritebit, how to align the graphic data, targetting, and such.

Someone who knew how to manipulate this data would be useful to have in general as it would be helpful in fixing the animation bugs we already encounter. But if you find someone who knows this stuff, then they may be able to help you find the addresses of the x,y coordinates of various animations and -that- would be what you need to JML to in the damage formula to get what you want. However, it still doesn't solve the problem of getting your PCs to end up where you want them to on-screen, especially since the only way to manipulate it that anyone knows of is through a glitch... >.>;;

Status
None
from what u explained here Tonic, I think that guy Shall might have some insight on this, but to get in touch with the guy is something else entirely

-HNIC

Threads: 25
Status
None
XD well, I've got the majority of my life left (hopefully... o.o), so I've got waiting time. Give me some way to contact this dude, and I'll wait for a responce.

And Tonic: I knew this wasn't something that'd be cut and paste in the begining. I know this is hard core hacking, something that none of us has ever tried before, and it's something most of us are afraid to do in fears of it screwing up our roms.
I, however, am willing to learn it, and risk a rom or seven thousand until I get this into perspective. Just think, what if we could break down this entire rom one day, and convert a program for say...sprites, into a program for battle. Think of the Final Fantasy VI rom as a mini-verse, matter can't be destroyed or created, but it can be changed...and THAT is what hacking is truely about, or what it will be about in the future. It is only a matter of time.

Find

Status
None
well the thing about SHALL is that he only speaks Japanese so uh, yea =/

-HNIC