Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Changing Who Learns What...

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hmm I thought I had seen this done in some hacks, and I need it for my own. I seem to be having an issue of getting characters to learn others skills. What I need the most is for the character in Locke's slot to be able to learn Lores, while the character in Strago's slot would not be able to. Is this possible to do? It's very important to my hack that the two said characters be arranged as such to match this. Cover
  Find

Threads: 20
Status
None
hey also by me! i need to let learn Strago SWDtech(Artes)and Locke also. and Terra Lore(Jutsu)we have the same problem!

Wurmi: ... i live in Peach`s castle together with Mario...you don`t know how bad that is D:
Mario: is this so bad?
Wurmi: *cries*
Mario: don`t worry i am here Laugh
Wurmi: UWAAAAH! D;

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Lucky-Girl
It requires an insaaaaaaaaaane hex editing knowledge. I don't know how to do it myself, but I'm sure someone like Gi Nattak will have more information for you.

Maybe.

But your request is possible!

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Status
None
Whaaat!? but in zeemis ozma hack Terra(cloud) has used it!
Er used SwdTech!

Wurmi: ... i live in Peach`s castle together with Mario...you don`t know how bad that is D:

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
use 3usme and go into acters editer were theres a pic of terra and some writing next 2 it

then you will see info about the character, what equpment they start whithe and what abilities.

click on 1 of the abiliteis and you can change it, now when you first meet them they will have that abilitey, such as you want locke 2 learn lore, replace 1 of his command eg. steal whith lore and instead of steal he will have lore, but only when u first meet him.

if your looking for a way 2 change them halfway in the game then use FF6 Ram editer, go into characters and you will see the commands for them, just change the command 2 what u want.

hope i helped Smile
  Find

Status
None
Er i did it but they dont could use it. SwdTech was not usable in fight....

Status
Crystal
thats because you need 2 change what weapons can use swordtech, daggers and such or not usable by swordtech, also if some1 else learns swortech when cyan hasnt joined the party then the only 1 u can use is dispatch (the first 1) and when cyan learns new swordtechs so does the other character that knows swordtech
  Find

Status
None
Hmm... then i give Cecil the Artes! thanks!

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Lucky-Girl
Err. I thought the question was 'How do you edit how a character learns.'

You see, certain characters have a 'Learn System' tied to them. For example; Terra and Celes learn magic naturally. Mog learns dances. Strago learns Lores, etc. For Sabin and Cyan, theirs would be Blitz and SwdTech.

If you give a character the SwdTech ability, they will only have access to Dispatch until you get to Cyan. Because CYAN is HARDCODED to SwdTech. And the character with the SwdTech ability will not learn more unless Cyan reaches the appropriate requirements.

In order to change it to, say, Terra learning new SwdTechs, you have to do some HEAVY HEX EDITING. It is NOT just as simple as giving them the ability in FF3USME and calling it good.

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Status
Crystal
ohhhhh, my bad Laugh
  Find