Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Changing Who Learns What...

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hmmmm....wait! but i gived terra the Lore and she used some of this techs!

Wurmi: ... i live in Peach`s castle together with Mario...you don`t know how bad that is D:
Mario: is this so bad?
Wurmi: *cries*
Mario: don`t worry i am here Laugh
Wurmi: UWAAAAH! D;

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Lucky-Girl
Yes, she can use Lores. But she can't LEARN them like how Strago does (Them being used by enemies in battle while he is present and not under Blind status.)

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Status
None
Hmmm.. what would happen if i go into a battle then a enemy with this tech comes and uses would he learn it ?with this i mean when Strago would be in my party and the enemy uses it?would terra also learn the techs???

Wurmi: ... i live in Peach`s castle together with Mario...you don`t know how bad that is D:

Thanks Received: 4
Status
Lucky-Girl
Yes. Strago has to learn the ability, which is applied to the 'Lore' command. Now anyone with the 'Lore' command will have it as well.

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Status
None
But what would happen if he dont has it because even after terra has lost the ability magic she learns some?? would it means when i would have him in team he would learn them but cant use em? would terra able to use em?

Threads: 9
Status
None
Strago would still be required to learn them. The game registers him as the only one capable of LEARNING them, regardless of whether or not he has the ability.
  Find

Status
None
that means terra would also learn YES! that means they would also learn the SWDtech from Cyan even if he dont have it! my hack is saved! YAHOOOO!

Threads: 9
Status
None
Pretty much. Glad to see it solved one of our problems.Tongue
  Find

Status
None
Most of the learning routines are pretty easy to edit, actually. It does not require INSANE hex editing. It generally just involves changing one or two bytes to point to a different character number.

Yes, it does mean you have to use a hex editor, but that's not as hard it seems.

The easiest ones to change are the Natural Learned skills (Terra & Celes' spells, Sabin's Blitzes, and Cyan's SwdTechs).

Here's the code addresses:
Teach Natural Abilities learned via Automatic Level-Up
C0/A17F: B90016 LDA $1600,Y (character ID)
C0/A182: C900 CMP #$00 (is character Terra? note there's no need for this CMP here)
C0/A184: F010 BEQ $A196 (branch if so)
C0/A186: C906 CMP #$06 (is character Celes?)
C0/A188: F02E BEQ $A1B8 (branch if so)
C0/A18A: C902 CMP #$02 (is character Cyan?)
C0/A18C: F04C BEQ $A1DA (branch if so)
C0/A18E: C905 CMP #$05 (is character Sabin?)
C0/A190: D003 BNE $A195 (branch if not)
C0/A192: 4C01A2 JMP $A201
C0/A195: 60 RTS

The CMP commands are what you need to change. See the bolded address? That points character 0, Terra (hex value $00). If you wanted someone else to learn Terra's magic, then you change the value from $00 to, for example, $0A (Mog, actor 10).

If you want Terra to learn SwdTechs, then simply change the
C0/A18A: C902 CMP #$02
from $C902 to $C900.

To find the address in a headered ROM (which is what you have if you've been using FF3usME at all), then you need to translate the C0/A18A address to its raw value. The simple way to do it is to read it as the "C" part becoming 00 in these conversions. And you have to add $200 (the length the header) to the A18A part (or whatever the value is) to make it A38A. So if you open your ROM with a hex editor (any editor will do) and search for the address 000A38A, you should see $C902.

WARNING: Each PC can only have ONE natural learning ability. So if you give Terra SwdTech, she can't have natural magic (you will have to assign it to someone else).

Part 2:
Okay, so now you've changed who learns what at recruitment. This second part is for level-ups. Again, you're only changing one or two bytes.

C2/61B9: C9 00 CMP #$00 (is it character #0, Terra?)
C2/61C0: C9 06 CMP #$06 (is it character #6, Celes?)
C2/61C7: C9 02 CMP #$02 (if it character #2, Cyan?)
C2/61E3: C9 05 CMP #$05 (is it character #5, Sabin?)

Just change the actor numbers to whomever you want.
00 Terra
01 Locke
02 Cyan
03 Shadow
04 Edgar
05 Sabin
06 Celes
07 Strago
08 Relm
09 Setzer
0A Mog
0B Gau
0C Gogo
0D Umaro

Changing Lore-learning:
C2/36E1: AC 07 30 LDY $3007
C2/36E4: 30 22 BMI $3708 (Exit if Strago not in party)

Change the bolded byte to whomever you want. Be careful about changing too much around here besides that. It's not as stable as the Natural Learning Abilities.

Changing Dance-learning:
C2/5EE5: AD 0A 30 LDA $300A
C2/5EE8: 30 16 BMI $5F00
C2/5EEA: AE E2 11 LDX $11E2 (get combat background)
C2/5EED: BF 5B 8E ED LDA $ED8E5B,X (get corresponding dance #)
Notice how this one isn't labeled? Yeah, this took forever to find. Change the bolded byte to whomever you want.

You're on your own for Rages, I don't know how those work at all.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
Rages actually are quite a pain, although easy to tweak what moves each rage does, to assign certain enemies that aren't on the Veldt is a b*t*h (for example adding Ultros' 1st encounter, its easy enough to add him to the Veldt, but to actually give Gau the ability to use a new custom skill set for that particular rage, and a monster will have to be replaced) that shyt idk how to do lolz

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC