Poll: Pick a character you think is most deserving of a sixth skill. The top four characters with the most votes will recieve a sixth skill in my hack. (explanation is below under the Magic/skills section o
This poll is closed.
White Mage 14.29% 1 14.29%
Firion 14.29% 1 14.29%
Onion Knight 0% 0 0%
Cecil (Dark Knight & Paladen) 14.29% 1 14.29%
Bartz 14.29% 1 14.29%
Terra 28.57% 2 28.57%
Cloud 14.29% 1 14.29%
Squall 0% 0 0%
Zidane 0% 0 0%
Tidus 0% 0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI - Dissidia - Heroes

Threads: 30
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
You could go the Eternal Crystals rout and have Kefka's true form be Chaos/Garland. I say you keep umaro and use that slot for VannLaugh

[Image: finalfantasy6textboxshe.png]
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Seriously, hex-editing out the code for Umaro joining your party and leaving the rest of the event intact is not only easier, but far more productive than simply deleting the whole event. It gives you another boss fight, esper, and pseudo-dungeon to work with.

I can walk you through it if you want.

Threads: 25
Status
None
@Spriter Apprentice: I would, but I'd have to make Umaro controlable :/ (I know there is a patch for that, but when I tried it, it didn't work...) if there is some hex editing code that works, someone teach me it, please!

@Djinn And Tonic: sure, just pm me how to do it. (and also if there is a better program to use than what Zeemis provides in his yt vid, or if what he uses is best.)

Whelp. I still remember this place 13 years since first joining   Laugh
  Find

Threads: 30
Status
None
I meant Hope or someone else stupid form FF13. They party members are controlled by computers0:-)

[Image: finalfantasy6textboxshe.png]
  Find

Threads: 20
Status
None
HEY! HOPE IS NOT STUPID!

Wurmi: ... i live in Peach`s castle together with Mario...you don`t know how bad that is D:
Mario: is this so bad?
Wurmi: *cries*
Mario: don`t worry i am here Laugh
Wurmi: UWAAAAH! D;

Thanks Received: 4
Status
Lucky-Girl
Now now, no need to start an argument, guys. Focus on the topic at hand. Wink

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Status
None
*backs away slowly*
I'm not touching this with a 10ft pole...

Find

Status
None
Well, there is some validity to the fact that any non-main party members in FF13 are AI-controlled, so if you wanted to make any FF character into Umaro, FF13 is probably the one to choose.

Also, there -is- a controllable Umaro patch, but it's kinda hard to use and I suspect it might have some bugs. But it's there if you absolutely want to make a 14th character.

Status
None
@Djinn and Tonic: I know there is an Umaro patch, and I've tried to use it before, but I couldn't get it to work. No command menu popped up when it was Umaro's turn, ect. ect. ect.
So, from then onward, I decided due to the fact that no one uses Umaro thanks to the auto-berserk on Umaro, that I'd delete Umaro in any hack that I make, totalling a cast of 13 characters.

Find

Status
None
Removing Umaro!

This is untested as it seems that Umaro's joining is a little different than the other WoR recruitment scenes for whatever reason. It's notably more low-tech, and I don't have a save/time to check it for you.

But here's how it works in theory!

Normally, when a PC joins, there's a command that assigns them to party 1. In Umaro's case, they skip that and just flip the switch(es) that says "Umaro now be available in the party select screen". I'm pretty sure that the normal subroutine that assigns PCs to party 1 also flips these switches as part of the process of putting them in party 1, but again, since Umaro does it a little differently, I'm not entirely sure.

Here's the code involving Umaro:
Umaro joins party WoR
CC/D793: DE Load CaseWord with the characters in the currently active party?
CC/D794: C0 If ($1E80($1AA) [$1EB5, bit 2] is clear), branch to $CCD88E (If Mog's not there, skip this)
CC/D79A: 40 Assign properties $0D to character $0D (Actor in stot 13) (Umaro's stats)
CC/D79D: 3D Create object $0D (Pretty sure this step is necessary for his sprite to appear correctly on the map)
CC/D79F: 37 Assign graphics $0D to object $0D (Actor in stot 13)
CC/D7A2: 43 Assign palette $05 to character $0D (Actor in stot 13) (Graphics and Palette, self-explanatory)
CC/D7A5: D4 Set event bit $1E80($2ED) [$1EDD, bit 5] MAKES UMARO AVAILABLE ON MENUS!
CC/D7A7: D4 Set event bit $1E80($2FD) [$1EDF, bit 5] MAKES UMARO AVAILABLE ON PARTY SELECT SCREEN

CC/D7A9: 45 Refresh objects
CC/D7AA: B2 Call subroutine $CACA8D
CC/D7AE: B2 Call subroutine $CAC6AC
CC/D7B2: 3C Set up the party as follows: $0A (Actor in stot 10), $FF (<Invalid Character>), $FF (<Invalid Character>), $FF (<Invalid Character>) (Makes Mog the party leader for a minute for the dialog event)

The bolded part is what needs to be NOP'd. Just keep those switches from being set and Umaro should be unselectable. Just change all the bytes from address CC/D7A5 to CC/D7A8 (000CD9A5 - 000CD9A8 in a headered ROM, which is what you're using if you've ever used FF3usME) to $EA EA EA EA and it should work.

Note that his namechange screen should still appear, though. If this bothers you, NOP out this stuff.
Umaro's name screen in WoR
CC/D81C: 7F Change character $0D's name to $0D (UMARO )
CC/D81F: 98 Invoke name change screen for character $0D (Actor in stot 13)

CC/D821: 3D Create object $10
CC/D823: 41 Show object $10

Make a backup copy of your ROM and try it out. If it doesn't work, then the only thing you'll have lost was a few minutes seeing if the game crashed.