Poll: Pick a character you think is most deserving of a sixth skill. The top four characters with the most votes will recieve a sixth skill in my hack. (explanation is below under the Magic/skills section o
This poll is closed.
White Mage 14.29% 1 14.29%
Firion 14.29% 1 14.29%
Onion Knight 0% 0 0%
Cecil (Dark Knight & Paladen) 14.29% 1 14.29%
Bartz 14.29% 1 14.29%
Terra 28.57% 2 28.57%
Cloud 14.29% 1 14.29%
Squall 0% 0 0%
Zidane 0% 0 0%
Tidus 0% 0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI - Dissidia - Heroes

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
*A note about the above poll: Please restrain yourselves to only picking a maximum of four characters. This will help me systematically and successfully choose four characters that the majority of FFVI hackers/players will enjoy.
If you abide my request, then thank you.
-- WrexSoul45/NeoBahamut

As some of you may recall, about a year ago, I posted a thread saying that I was going to make a Final Fantasy VI Dissidia version hack.

This hack idea went to the dumpster shortly after.

Well, as of today, not anymore! 8]

With the help of some programs and Poco Loco (for supplying some items that i need), I will be able to re-atempt this hack!

Here is a list of things that will be included:

Characters completed:
Final Fantasy 1: White Mage (done)
Final Fantasy 2: Firion (done)
Final Fantasy 3: Onion Knight (done)
Final Fantasy 4: Cecil (Paliden/Dark Knight) (done/done)
Final Fantasy 5: Bartz (done)
Final Fantasy 6: Terra
Final Fantasy 7: Cloud (done)
Final Fantasy 8: Squall (done)
Final Fantasy 9: Zidane (done)
Final Fantasy 10: Tidus (done)
PLUS - three secret characters! *snicker* ^.^

Villian: Kefka (of course Tongue [and because it'd be much easier than puting in anyone else])

Dungeons: I plan on completly erasing Kefka's Tower, Phoenix Cave and a few other dungeons for play.

Spells and Skills: Spells will be redone completly and based off of the spells avaliable in Final Fantasy Disidia. Summons will be the same.

-- I have recently started editing the spells. Here are the changes that are going to be made

○ Magic will be changed to either Brave or Skill
○ Each character will have at least five skills, with four exceptions that will have six total skills. I am doing it this way to match with the 54 magic spell limit, along with the exception of skills that will be shared; examples of this would be:

○ Onion Knight and Firion are both able to cast Blizzard/Ice, so they both will be able to cast it, but Firion will only be able to have five skills while Onion Knight may have more skills because he will have more room.

Now, to decide who has six skills, I propose a poll. The top four characters with the most votes will be rewarded a sixth skill. Simply vote for a character you think would be most deserving of a sixth skill, and then submit. I will give this poll at least a two week run, if people are submiting votes by constantly then I will max out the poll at 3 weeks/a month, if things are slow, then I will go by what results I have within a week or so. If I have no results, then I will pick Terra, Cecil and Cloud and Firion for the sixth skill.

Despite this, fear not, for I will be sure to have a separate skill/ skill list personal to a character and unique to that character and representative of his/her skill.

○ White Mage - Skill and Health (will change to Pray)

○ Firion - Skill and Tools (changed to Weapons, Weapons will let you use one of eight possible weapons, example: pick Sword, and you will slash with a sword; pick Spear and you will jab with a spear)

○ Onion Knight - Skill and throw (throw being representative of the Ninja job)

○ Cecil - Skill and DKnight/Paladin

○ Bartz - Skill and Mimic

○ Terra - X-Skill/Brave (same as X-magic) and Summon (the command within the game that lets you summon one esper)

○ Cloud - Skill and SwrdTech (Changed to Limit Break)

○ Squall - Skill and Blitz (changed to GunTech, guntech will allow you to imput a set of buttons to pull off a gun skill, some that come to mind would be Multi-Shot (fire multiple bullets); Bio Bullet (fire a bullet that inflicts poisen).

○ Zidane - Skill and Mug

○ Tidus - Skill and Magitek (changed to SphrBrk [Sphere Break] and will consist of eight attacks from FFX's Tidus' Sphere break [all except Flee and Provoke])

Weapons: Weapons will be based off of the Final Fantasy Dissidia weapons aswell, what I will probably do is make the player hunt down the character's best weapons, while they have all other weapons up until the best two or three weapons.

Well, with luck I will be able to do this. *crosses his fingers hoping there will be enough space on the rom*

Whelp. I still remember this place 13 years since first joining   Laugh
  Find

Threads: 9
Status
None
lol you chose White Mage since there's no WOL sprite Tongue

Instead of Kefka, maybe Chaos?

Find

Status
None
no Chaos character sprite :/ (yes I'm that lazy XD)
and I'd also have to go into the dialoges and change Kefka to Chaos, although if someone is willing to make me a good Chaos character sprite, I'll go the extra mile and change the dialoge Tongue

Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
well Nattack is great @ mapping

ask him

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
kk, will do

Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
You could probably just use a recolored Maduin sprite for Chaos.

And if you're going to be making a bunch of mapping and character changes, wouldn't you be changing the dialogue anyway?

Threads: 30
Status
None
He could always go the Eve of Darkness route and just do characters and bosses. If he is going to make it playable from the beginning though, I will help with text editing. Also, how will the characters fight? You just named characters with no info on how you will do their moveset. How will you do Zidane's trance and Cecil's soul swap at the same time. I would say you could give Cecil Magic and Shock to represent both halves and give Zidane Trance. Maybe give Cloud Magitek with various Limit Breaks and give Tidus Sword Techniques with LUDICROUS SPEED! you could give Squall Runic representing draw

[Image: finalfantasy6textboxshe.png]
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
The character roster resembles Revelations a lot lol

(10-08-2010, 08:55 PM)WrexSoul45 Wrote: no Chaos character sprite :/ (yes I'm that lazy XD)
and I'd also have to go into the dialoges and change Kefka to Chaos, although if someone is willing to make me a good Chaos character sprite, I'll go the extra mile and change the dialoge Tongue

Going that extra step shows that you're dedicated to your product and shows that you put forth a lot of effort. If you just do the characters and possibly new weapons and spells, but no maps, dialog or bosses, it shows a half-assed job. Confused
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Trance is such a small part of Zidane's playstyle in FF9, though. Steal and Escape were far more important. Not to mean the status effects from his Thievery skills. You could save his Dynes for his actual Desperation attack.

Though I must admit that I dig the idea of Runic for FF8's Draw.

As for Tidus, his part of the Sphere Grid is all about emphasizing a speed game. Nothing in Tidus' offense is slow like SwdTech, it doesn't fit his build at all. He's a speedster, so would work best with spell effects like Haste/Slow/Stop... and more importantly, Quick. If you made Quick a Tidus-unique skill, that would give him a niche that's damn near irreplaceable (and far more balanced than FF6's "lol, everyone can learn Quick" setup). Also, most of Tidus' equips give him Evade and Counter, which basically makes him immune to physical attacks, not to mention giving him a Retort-style ability. If you gave his weapons all a really hit Evade modifier and the Retort effect, that'd go a long way in translating his FFX build into FF6. Make sure to make him die pitifully to magic, though. If you wanted him to be more like his Dissidia build, then you'd need to make him more 'anti-air'. I'd suggest making Blitzball-like weapons that have the 'occasionally throw' property which does 1.5x more damage against Floating enemies.

Also, I notice that Wrexsoul doesn't list Tidus' sprite as 'done', despite the fact that there's already a Tidus spritesheet floating around. Any reason for that?

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
(10-11-2010, 01:57 AM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: Also, I notice that Wrexsoul doesn't list Tidus' sprite as 'done', despite the fact that there's already a Tidus spritesheet floating around. Any reason for that?

I guess he didn't see mine lolz

I already emailed him the image and the bin :p

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC