Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Kain/Cecil sprites request

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
[Image: 3ulPZ0Z.png]

Here’s the Cecil sprite redone, used the gba version of FFIV to get the colours, only missing a shade of yellow and red but not noticeable. Basically a perfect copy of Cecil.
  Find

Status
None
[Image: 9EviYML.png]

Don’t know if I uploaded this before, dark knight cyan I edited.
  Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 1
Status
None
These are all neat sprites. I especially love the Dark Knight Cyan sprites.

One problem I have with them is that most of these sprites don't follow the basic pattern of palette indexes for playable characters in FF6.
For the future, it would be great to follow the palette index pattern that can be found in this tutorial:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/doku.php...al:sprites

The reason is because when applying these sprites to another palette, or applying the sprite's palette to another sprite, the sprite will look like they have messed up colors. If it helps, you can tell you did the palette correctly if the sprite looks good in a vanilla palette, especially the skin colors and the eye (the white).
  Find

Status
None
Hey hoxnorf all off these characters were changed to look exactly like Ffiv character if u would like I can reupload these sprites using og palettes.

[Image: U55NmVr.png]
Here’s kain with og palette (Edgar, Celes, Sabin palettes)

[Image: 7svD8ik.png]
Here’s Yang with og palette (Edgar, Celes, Sabin palette)

[Image: h0CORoq.png]Here’s Edge with og palette (Loche palette)

[Image: 2L6O2m7.png]
Here’s Dark knight Cecil/Cyan (Cyan, Shadow, Setzer palette)

[Image: BNPvjJW.png]
Here’s Golbez with og palette (Relm, Strago, Gau palette)
  Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 1
Status
None
Those are nice attempts at recreating the sprites to use vanilla palettes and I can see the effort, but this was not what I was trying to convey in my feedback.

You can still use custom palettes, as so many playable character sprites shared already use their own custom palettes. The thing is that the colors of the palette must follow a pattern that is shown in the tutorial. If a color is placed in the wrong index, another sprite, like a vanilla sprite, will not look good in the custom palette, same with the custom sprite looking bad in a vanilla palette.

Although, it might also be the method of creating and exporting sprites. I use FF3SpriteEd to create sprites and FF3USME to export them as PNG files. What do you use? This might help in terms of explanation of how palettes work.
  Find

Status
None
Hey Hoxnorf I used ff3usme for the custom palettes and imported them using ff6 tools as I play ff6 on my iPhone using eclipse emulator a web based emulator for I phone.
  Find