Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Good news?

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
A revelation. lulz.
I have what could be considered good news; however, it's too soon to say. I'll try to explain this without being presumptuous.
A long time ago, before the internets was formed (When AOL was nearing it's end), there was a FF6 rom hacker by the name of Cklein0001. He made several patches, but to our dismay, it was all lost due to AoL discontinuing web-hosting. There was (and still isn't a) not a trace of any of his patches on the internets. The patch I speak of is the "24-bit" patch which enables a hacker to surpass 65535 HP without the help of a battle script. There is a person who has a copy of the patch, so-to-speak. Imzogelmo upgraded it; however Lenophis is trying to isolate it from his rom hack and extract it. If all goes well, I (or him) will coordinate with Lord J in hopes that one day we'll never have to use a HP looping battle script. This very well could be the spark of a new generation of hacking, the possibilities have opened if this succeeds.
[Image: mighty%20guardce%20rabbi01.png]
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
that would be great

there is a lot of work ahead of them but lets keep our fingers crossed Smile

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Jw, this sparks my question, is there a patch that allows one to break the 9999 damage cap, along with the 9999 character HP cap and the 999 character MP cap? Also, wtf happened to this dude?

Whelp. I still remember this place 13 years since first joining   Laugh
  Find

Status
Traitor
I recently asked about that and Lenophis replied that it would be possible to reach up to 14,000 damage. Anything after that would go haywire.
Something like that, but it'd take a bit of ASM hacking.
  Find

Status
None
is that for what cap?

Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
the monster's HP

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
no, what Zeemis said in his post about 14000.

Find

Status
Traitor
The hackable cap is about 14,000 something, by default it's obviously 9999. I believe you can go over 14,000, but the game goes wonky and things mess up.
  Find

Status
None
the cap FOR WHAT!?

Find