Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF5 Menu Text Location

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Hello all! I'm playing around with FF5e_Text_Editor v1.6. I've used it to extend the main menu and magic menu text each by one character, but I don't see anywhere in the editor where I can directly edit the actual text that's shown in the menu. You can change the pointer but not the text itself. Anyone know if I can do that in the editor, and if not where that text is in the ROM?

The menu text I'm looking to change is:
Stats -> Status
Confg -> Config
DmMgc -> Time
Esper -> Summon
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
I think this is what you're looking for. If you search "Text" in this ROM map you should get more results. You can change text in WindHex with the FF5 English table loaded and even search for specific text.

Code:
203100 - 203140     Text     Misc. menu text fields
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Binarynova (11-15-2019)

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Looks like I found it. Menu source text begins at offset 272F00. My hope that adjusting the menu width in the editor would also modify the source text pointers didn't come to fruit. It looks like there's a lot of empty space before the text, but as of right now utilizing that space is a bit outside of my abilities.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
X-Zone
Sorry for the late response, but just now I saw this.

Yes E7 bank holds most of the text that is visualized on screen (that is 270000 offset) and particularly E72F00 for menu.

If you have Discord, you are welcome to join FF5 Den where you will get answer almost immediately Smile
  Find