Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Akatsuki Enters!!

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I decided to take my love for both Naruto and FF6 and mesh them together in the form of sprites. Also added Majin Buu as well:

Itachi

[Image: 53rOxj4.png]

Konan 

[Image: oVpWSmp.jpg]

Hidan

[Image: e14fbuP.jpg]

Orochimaru (When he wasa member)

[Image: VB08DRZ.jpg]

Majin Buu

[Image: PrJbS9p.jpg]
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
These are not bad, but they could probably use some more work.. Are you using 11 colors per sprite? Using all possible colors could help you improve the shading in some places. I'm not saying I could do betterjob though. Also, if you want these to eventually go in the sprite database, you'll need to post FF3SE or FF3usME export png and not huge screenshots made with the snipping tool.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Quikdraw7777 (03-04-2019)

Status
None
(03-04-2019, 08:38 AM)madsiur Wrote: These are not bad, but they could probably use some more work.. Are you using 11 colors per sprite? Using all possible colors could help you improve the shading in some places. I'm not saying I could do betterjob though. Also, if you want these to eventually go in the sprite database, you'll need to post FF3SE or FF3usME export png and not huge screenshots made with the snipping tool.

Thanks for the response fam.

Some of them only have 10!

It's tough to get proper shading in some spots, when I'm using the "darker color" of either Skin or Clothing to achieve an effect somewhere else.

Example, I want those Black cloaks to stay black in every color randomization of those sprites, so I used the "character outline" swatch for the cloak as well.

I'm sure someone can improve on them  and I'd be happy if they took the time to do so.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
From what I understand, if you use the black outline for the cloaks, the cloaks will also glow when the character has a status effect.

You may consider this a feature though. Wink

Confused Moogles FTW
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Lockirby2 for this post:
  • Quikdraw7777 (03-05-2019)

Status
None
(03-04-2019, 11:16 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: From what I understand, if you use the black outline for the cloaks, the cloaks will also glow when the character has a status effect.

You may consider this a feature though. Wink

Yep!
This happened exactly as you described!!

And I actually like it - those cloaks broadcast their status effect to the WORLD!!  Laugh
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
They need some work and some of the frontward facing sprites lack depth. You need to use more shading and some black outlines because I can't tell where the head and neck begins with these sprites. I am okay with a black cloak, but there needs to be an outline or something where their chin and neck begin. Look the original sprites of the game to see what I mean and also, don't forget to use white to add some shine to those cloaks and possibly make them a different color instead of black on some of them(maybe use a dark grey and a light grey). These sprites are so blended together its hard to figure out what they actually are supposed to be doing without the outlines. Also, I suggest playing music while you are spriting it helps with the creative juices.
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to CrumpledMedal for this post:
  • madsiur (03-05-2019), Quikdraw7777 (03-07-2019)

Status
None
(03-05-2019, 05:27 PM)CrumpledMedal Wrote: They need some work and some of the frontward facing sprites lack depth. You need to use more shading and some black outlines because I can't tell where the head and neck begins with these sprites. I am okay with a black cloak, but there needs to be an outline or something where their chin and neck begin. Look the original sprites of the game to see what I mean and also, don't forget to use white to add some shine to those cloaks and possibly make them a different color instead of black on some of them(maybe use a dark grey and a light grey). These sprites are so blended together its hard to figure out what they actually are supposed to be doing without the outlines. Also, I suggest playing music while you are spriting it helps with the creative juices.

Thanks for the response!

I can understand where you guys are seeing the shading issues; I definitely need to improve in that aspect.

About the Cloaks.
The reason I have them the same color as the outline, is because I know the outline (like the whites of the eyes) is going to retain its color when the rest of the sprite's colors get scrambled due to the Beyond Chaos Randomizer Hack. Those cloaks staying that wayis what defines these sprites.

If there is a way I can get a lighter shade of black (or a really dark gray) on the cloak without it changing colors with everything else - I'm all ears bub!
  Find