Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Few Questions

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
In the ff3usme item editing there is the heavy gear check box i figured was for the merit award and to exclude certain people from using gear unless they have that relic.  But it seems like every piece of gear has that checked so i obviously don't understand how that works.

I have seen several tintinibar hacks and am not sure what that means to me For instance Unhardcoded tintinibar by Lenophis says
Unhardcodes the Tintinabar to no longer be exclusive to a specific item.
You have a choice of keeping it to a single party member, or to go with what
the data slightly suggests and make it a party-wide effect
So does this mean if i decide to get rid of the tintinibar i need this hack to do so?

Also how would i go about denying certain chars espers or would it be easier to change esper spells and have items give spells to the people i want learning and not others

Edit Additional Question I am trying to go through and weed out hacks that conflict with one another and i am trying Half Health Warnings Resilient Morph Runic Forever Step dance True Duel and Possibly Unlimted espers all by and they all conflict with one another i can use any single one but none together is this just a false positive or will they really break stuff they also conflict with the condense spell list and ultimate damage fix hack the condense spell list can be done without but ultimate damage seems pretty dang important
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Status
Prowess
Not every piece of armor has the "heavy armor" flag checked. Notable exceptions are the Snow Muffler, all the animal suits(Chocobo, Nutkin, etc.), and I believe the Cat Hood as well. For example, Terra cannot equip any of these even with the Merit Award.

As for the Tintinabar, to my knowledge, it was hard coded to the item ID. Thus, regardless of what you do with the ME, the Tintinabar will have the "gain HP per step" effect, and nothing else will have it even if you check the flag for it, because the flag doesn't work properly. Lenophis's patch(I assume) fixes the flag to work properly and allow you to give anything the "gain HP per step" effect, as well as removing it from the Tintinabar if you desire.

The Esper thing is beyond my knowledge and probably requires more work.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Medicated
I don't know of any Esper-exclusion patchs or patches for editing without learning and digging into the hex coding and doing it all yourself.

What you could do is have character-specific items teach spells and limit the Espers to spells you wouldn't mind everyone learning or having the Espers themselves act as a "one cast per battle" kind of spell that teach none of the spells and/or just offer the level-up bonuses.

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Well there is this: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/thread-2770.html Smile

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 49
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Cecil188 has the right of it for the Merit Award. The description of "Heavy Gear" is misleading. That checkbox basically means, "Can be equipped by someone wearing the Merit Award".

For the Tintinnabar, the code of the game doesn't check for an equipment effect flag, but for the presence of a specific relic by index number. Other relics that are "hardcoded" like this are Umaro's 2 special relics. So, even if you changed the Tintinnabar to do something else (like boost HP by 25%), anyone who had THAT particular relic equipped would also have the Tintinnabar effect. The "Unhardcoded Tintinnabar" patch changes the code so that it checks for an item effect flag rather than the index number of the equipped relic. In short, if you want to change the Tintinnabar to do something else, you need that patch. If you want to keep the effect but change how the effect works, you will need to either do ASM or HEX editing. I believe the code in question is located in the C1 bank, but I can't remember for sure.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Status
None
Thanks guys this is the most helpful board i've ever been on lol Evil laugh
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
(11-14-2018, 02:54 PM)PowerPanda Wrote: but for the presence of a specific relic by index number.

wait a moment... say you change tintinnabar into a sword... will the effect still connect? i mean... you said "of a specific relic"

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
Hi i had two additional questions and i didnt want to spam new topics not sure what would be better on this site.

If i wanted to reverse the land slide animation and make the rocks go up is that something possible with f3usme?
Second if i use some of the redundant unused spell slots would i have to usse mmmagic to add those to the spell list since it's already full with regular spells?

Third i tried changing xzone to a damaging spell i removed the death check box and the invulerability to death attacks But it's still swalloing i changed the effect to nothing from where it was sharing a line with odin and raiden
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(11-15-2018, 11:23 PM)Hashimo Wrote: If i wanted to reverse the land slide animation and make the rocks go up is that something possible with f3usme?

No this require hex editing but the is a animation disassembly in the documents section of the wiki:

https://www.ff6hacking.com/wiki/lib/exe/...script.zip

For you other two questions I don't have an answer right now.
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Status
Prowess
If I were to hazard a guess, I believe X-Zone's animation has a unique property that hides enemy sprites. I have no idea any of the technical details that relate to it, but if I were to name a culprit, it would be the animation.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find