Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF3: Enix Disrupted

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Aftermath
New magic, Items, character swaps, and some characters skills waver.
New Espers, etc.

I'm following the foot steps of ROTDS, A complete custom hack. But since it's more battle oriented it'll be more arcade style where you work for really good loot, dungeon crawls, many enemies, new bosses, super bosses.

Key factors are playability and replayability.

New magic like "Aqua" "Aquaja" and "Storm" (More to come)
Add new methods and elements to the roster for magic users.
Qrter (Soon to be removed) and Demi (Already removed) are taken out for new spells, instead of using fractional damage, I would prefer a new effect entirely.
"Plague" is a 3rd tier spell that casts both "Poison" and "Regen" to increase the amount of "ticks" that do damage via poison for example.

Also replaced Umaro with a remake of James White's Arch Mage

.png  Umaro.png (599 bytes, 58 downloads)

Find

Status
Aftermath
If you saw my last post about me starting a project, well here it is.

Enix Disrupted is a calamity of many games and many characters.

That's the entire basis. Mainly because I wanted a fun battle simulator with many items, enemies, and characters.

The story is obviously based on this. So in other words, it's an opportunity to submit sprites you want seen and in-game.

Very short explanation but there you have it. 

-OG Cole-Slaw, AKA Foodman Jenkins, AKA The Notorious Slaw.

PS. One of the game's high key plans is gonna be humor.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
I merged this thread with the already merged two others since they all describe your project. You can add anything to this thread, but please keep it in one thread unless it pertain to other sub-forums (as an example a specific hacking question). Good luck with your project!

Edit: About your project, the key is not thinking too big at start.. Good with the building block logic, adding layers one at the time, each one making a separate playable release. First one is gonna be bigger but this is how good hacks are made. Go with what you can do first, when coders or spriters see you have something good they might be more inclined to jump in. I sadly don't have myself the time to do stuff for other hacks currently, but hopefully some people will eventually have interest.
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
For sure I didn't start working on rotds till It was nearly done, it'll help you to use placeholder gfx for the start, helps give u an idea of what u might want later, plus u can sort stats and the like, as for myself im currently real busy with rotds monster update but maybe down the line sometime I can offer aid. Also arch mage sprite? I don't recall making a sprite called that, u sure its one o mine lol

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Status
Aftermath
I'm certain it was. Lol.
It was in the Sprite database.
  Find