Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Filipinac's 2018 Sprites

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey guys, i'm have got a Nine sprite sheet from Final Fantasy Type-0,Here is it:

[Image: filipinac-other-nine.png]
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Not a bad start, really. You need to work on his frontward facing sprites and mess up that front hair a little bit more, because right now it looks like he has horns or antennae. They look too much like Locke, the biggest thing I have been told is look at sprites that are similar in style to what you need to accomplish. Also use reference pics as well, try to distinguish Nine a bit more and really bring out how this character fights and acts in the sheet. Got a good foundation, but you need to build on it, good luck. Keep at it.
  Find

Status
None
I'm fixed his back and front hair.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
MediaFire really suck for images because images link won't display the image in a [img] [/img] tag. You should use something like imgur. Nobody want to have to click on picture links to see them, especially if your thread has 10+ sprites.
  Find

Status
None
Hey guys, i'm have got a Machina sprite sheet from Final Fantasy Type-0,I maked him by using LoneRedMage's Neidhart sprite sheet (from his back and front hair),Here is it:
[Image: filipinac-other-machina.png]
  Find

Status
None
Hey guys, i'm have got a Vaan sprite sheet from Final Fantasy 12, here is it:

[Image: filipinac-ff12-vaan.png]
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Good job but I find there is not enough contrast in the sprite, probably the combination of hair and skin colors that are too close.

Edit: After looking on a magnified version, colors look ok (my monitor lower half display colors a bit more lightly than what they are it seems). However while I'm no expert it seem some custom pose could use some work and front hair looks maybe different than the side poses hair. Front hair looks more "puffed" in a way. But it's overall a decent sprite, I wouldn't do better.

Edit2: The eyes of the laughing pose are plain black with no white. This make little sense and look a bit butchered. The shading of the back of the head could use some work too maybe.. As for the raised arm pose facing backward, the arm are almost all hidden by his head that is quite huge in this particular pose, but I could be wrong since I don't have other sprites as reference at the moment.
  Find

Status
None
Hey guys, I'm have got a Thancred sprite sheet from Final Fantasy 14.Here is it:

[Image: filipinac-other-thancred.png]
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
The laughing poses still have the black-only eyes which make him look demonic. The back hair of walking pose seems he has a grey bandana the same color as his hair. We can definitely see the side poses are from Record Keeper and the front ones from Locke.. A good sprite for a beginner but it could be improved in some ways.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I'm noticing a pattern with your work here, a lot of it is just recoloring and slightly tweaking Locke, while Locke makes a great base for a lot of sprites, its best to differentiate the sprite as much as you can, consistency is key,

try a way to make it look similar from all angles, try to make it match in some way if you can, there are a lot of different sprites out there that can help, compare and contrast, find things that would look similar enough to what you are going for and then work on it from there, open more than one file and experiment, if you don't like the changes just save the older one, always export your work and make copies,

another tip is to look at old work for references and check where your flaws are, also look at where you improve, I assure you that you'll improve a lot by following these steps

keep up the good work

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to SSJ Rick for this post:
  • madsiur (02-26-2018), Robo Jesus (02-27-2018)