Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Multi-target Steal and Metamorph Bug

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Hi all, not really a request for help, just documenting what I found based on some fiddling I did today. i made the following changes:
1. I made "Stray" steal from the target rather than confuse it.
2. I made Stray and Ragnarok into multi-target summons, meaning they would steal/metamorph all enemies on the field.

Anyway, here's what I found.
1. It actually worked. I was really surprised.
2. However, it chose the "Morph Set" and "Steal Set" based off of the first enemy in the formation. It did not evaluate each enemy separately.

I don't plan to pursue this bug; I didn't really have a plan in place for what I was doing. I just thought I'd drop the results of my research here though in case anyone is searching for an answer in the future.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
for the curious, Imzogelmo's Peabody award-winning Multi-steal fix will solve a similar issue for multi-strike turns (e.g. Offering, Dragon Horn).  but i doubt it'll work in an artificial single-strike, multi-target situation.

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
This seems like a job for a custom spell effect using the once-per-target jump table. Additionally, I think you'd have to extend the item buffer to six bytes, which I guess is what the Multi-Steal patch does. You could probably build off that if you wanted to have a true MT Metamorph.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
pretty interesting find

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC