Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6hacking Twitch account idea

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
The idea was thrown by Jackimus. We could set up an official Twitch account and anyone wanting to do hacking / spriting stream could do it with the account. It could have a potential of a growing fanbase if multiple people transfer partially or in totality their streams there and if occasional steamers use it as a new playground. We could put the streams as calendar events like B-Run is now doing (calendar bug seems fixed) and the streams could be announced on Facebook and Twitter with enough (a small) notice to me prior to it. If we upload the recording on the forum Youtube account, I would advertise the YT video the same way after.

I just want to see if people are interested in this is and if it actually worth it to set up the channel. Any streamer would get the Twitch account credentials (duh!).

So streamers, speak up! Kungfu!

Bonus: You would see Madsiur trying to stream at least once with such a channel!
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
I could stream hacking stuff in that channel and reserve my twitch account for my playthroughs, no problem.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
It sounds like a good idea to me. It's not too hard to set this up anyways, so might as well try it out!

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
We'll need to figure out how to handle the stream key. I don't think it should be public, and it should maybe be changed every week or so and handed out to people who want to stream via PM or some other private means. I know that creates more work, but I'd rather not leave the possibility open for the stream to be hijacked.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-17-2016, 01:25 PM)B-Run Wrote: We'll need to figure out how to handle the stream key. I don't think it should be public, and it should maybe be changed every week or so and handed out to people who want to stream via PM or some other private means. I know that creates more work, but I'd rather not leave the possibility open for the stream to be hijacked.

I totally agree on this. It's not really a lot more work also. It wouldn't be public and I wouldn't hand the key to newcomers that want to stream, you'd have to gain a certain level of trust. Even trusted regular user or admins who doesn't stream would not access it. I'm sure Twitch has some two-way authentication system that could maybe put the person who is responsible of the key generation (I don't mind if it's me) in a position of a super-user or admin.

Basically right now I'm not seeing much people who qualifies to have the key. They would be:

- Me
- B-Run*
- JamesWhite*
- Kugawattan
- Jackimus
- m06*
- Lockirby*

*Not regular streamers or did not show an interest (yet) in using the account.

This list implies that all those people would be interested in using the forum twitch account, which might not be the case.

Btw I think the idea of streaming Let's play episodes of rom hacks would be cool too. Thoughts?
  Find

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
That's a good idea! I could try and stream minor hacks, Landmine said I was a harsh critic, I'm also an all-around gamer being alright at rpgs, maybe that can help newbies design their hacks!

Outside of event editing and such, are spriting streams also applicable for the community stream account?

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 4
Status
Blind
(07-17-2016, 01:25 PM)B-Run Wrote: We'll need to figure out how to handle the stream key. I don't think it should be public, and it should maybe be changed every week or so and handed out to people who want to stream via PM or some other private means. I know that creates more work, but I'd rather not leave the possibility open for the stream to be hijacked.

I'd say do it everytime there is a change in streamers honestly, becuase at least on my end i'll still do my usual races and etc on my own channel, and there simply will be times i forget to put my own key back in obs. it would really suck if I (or anyone else) accidentally hijacked someone's stream on the channel.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Consider this post a show of interest, although I may not be able to stream some types of hacking because I won't have a high enough bit rate for you to see a hex editor or a text file. Although I could try fiddling with it a bit. If my brother isn't streaming (like he was during the race), and I plug the Ethernet cable in, I *might* be able to get away with it if I zoom in. Maybe I'll play around with it some time. I can definitely do LP's though.

Would you consider using a password manager like LastPass to share the key? It's probably unnecessary, but it's just a thought, if you want. The major con is that everybody would need to install the plugin, but if Twitch somehow doesn't have an option to share the key it may be more convenient than throwing PM's around.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 4
Status
Blind
Just wondering if anyone has set this up yet or not (kinda want to do some hacking streams & etc).

I dont know if the idea was for madsiur or b-run to admin the thing, but I don't mind doing it either.

idk. bored. wanna do a thing soon >_<
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
As it happens, I got it set up today. it's still kinda bare as I haven't set up all the panels and general layout all pretty and stuff... but it IS created. If you post here when you want to stream, or just poke myself or any admin about it in discord we can shoot you the current streamkey.

https://www.twitch.tv/ff6hacking
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B-Run for this post:
  • madsiur (07-27-2016)